The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Rejected from UEA? Should I contact them?

I wanted to do a foundation year that progresses to an english lit degree.
i received my a2 results today and cried because UEA rejected me, saying I didn't meet their conditions of CCC.

my question is, why am I rejected when I performed well in english but badly in the others?

I mean surely since I'm pursuing an english degree, shouldn't what grade I get in english matter the most? I want to phone them and ask about it. But.. I don't know if I should? :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Sgarmacchiat0
I wanted to do a foundation year that progresses to an english lit degree.
i received my a2 results today and cried because UEA rejected me, saying I didn't meet their conditions of CCC.

my question is, why am I rejected when I performed well in english but badly in the others?

I mean surely since I'm pursuing an english degree, shouldn't what grade I get in english matter the most? I want to phone them and ask about it. But.. I don't know if I should? :frown:

its the same with all university courses, you need 3 grades at the asking rate not just one thats relevant to the subject you want to study and candidates face this every year. I've just read about someone whose been offered a place on the English foundation year despite getting an A* in A-Level Lang/Lit because she only got BC in her other two unrelated A-Levels.

Unfortunatley if they have rejected you there is not a lot you can do other than see whats available in clearing or retake and reapply.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
its the same with all university courses, you need 3 grades at the asking rate not just one thats relevant to the subject you want to study and candidates face this every year. I've just read about someone whose been offered a place on the English foundation year despite getting an A* in A-Level Lang/Lit because she only got BC in her other two unrelated A-Levels.

Unfortunatley if they have rejected you there is not a lot you can do other than see whats available in clearing or retake and reapply.

Thats such a shame :mad:well its their loss I suppose.
thanks for answering :smile:
Reply 3
I personally have no experience with regards to the subject or university.

However, it's going to help those with the experience help you if you write down what you got, and in what subjects.

There can't be any harm in calling if you want to give it a shot.
Reply 4
I got a B in english, I reckon I could have scored an A but details XD
anyway, I got a D In history but was close to a C I think. (Blanked out in exam)
and I failed biology, but they should have saw it coming because I applied with AS results CCU.
Anyway... I wonder if retaking history would help? :frown:
Reply 5
I got a B in english, I reckon I could have scored an A but details XD
anyway, I got a D In history but was close to a C I think. (Blanked out in exam)
and I failed biology, but they should have saw it coming because I applied with AS results CCU.
Anyway... I wonder if retaking history would help? :frown:

not necessarily, thats one one bad mark out of 3 and you could have been retaking. If you failed Bio you'd really need to retake that otherwise you won't have the 3 A-Levels they require and retaking History wouldn't hurt.
Reply 6
not necessarily, thats one one bad mark out of 3 and you could have been retaking. If you failed Bio you'd really need to retake that otherwise you won't have the 3 A-Levels they require and retaking History wouldn't hurt.

I've already retaken biology more than 6 times and I'm not improving :frown:
the exams always get to me, I don't know how to retake history when I am out of education now, I don't plan on retaking another year. I need to get into uni this year.. I don't think they'll accept my general studies.
and it's way too late to pick up an a level and do the whole thing in a few months.

is it possible to retake these exams during a year in another university, and reapply to UEA? I really want to go there and I don't plan on giving up.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
I've already retaken biology more than 6 times and I'm not improving :frown:
the exams always get to me, I don't know how to retake history when I am out of education now, I don't plan on retaking another year. I need to get into uni this year.. I don't think they'll accept my general studies.
and it's way too late to pick up an a level and do the whole thing in a few months.

is it possible to retake these exams during a year in another university, and reapply to UEA? I really want to go there and I don't plan on giving up.

in that case maybe try taking a new A-Level. You can self teach and sit exams as a private candidate if your old school or another school or college near by will let you.

It would be very tough and time consuming to retake exams and attempt the first year of another university course, I'm not sure you could do well in both.
Reply 8
in that case maybe try taking a new A-Level. You can self teach and sit exams as a private candidate if your old school or another school or college near by will let you.

It would be very tough and time consuming to retake exams and attempt the first year of another university course, I'm not sure you could do well in both.

Okay, I'll ask them. :colondollar: Thank you!
I guess so - but even if I can self teach and all... How do I transfer to a different uni? I don't think its the same as adjustment?
Reply 9
Okay, I'll ask them. :colondollar: Thank you!
I guess so - but even if I can self teach and all... How do I transfer to a different uni? I don't think its the same as adjustment?

no adjustment is for people who exceeded their offer. if you want to look at other clearing foundation vacancies then you need to check the universities websites as they have the most up to date clearing lists and phone numbers. if your waiting til next year you create a new ucas application and apply again.
Reply 10
no adjustment is for people who exceeded their offer. if you want to look at other clearing foundation vacancies then you need to check the universities websites as they have the most up to date clearing lists and phone numbers. if your waiting til next year you create a new ucas application and apply again.

Ok, that cleared everything up. Thanks again :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest