The Student Room Group

Priority unit remark

Does anyone know roughly how many days? Weeks? It takes for the priority remark to come back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I had mine remarked in January (History) and my teacher told me the change about 3 days later in class, but he may have go them earlier.
They didn't change much though :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by ameliestia
I had mine remarked in January (History) and my teacher told me the change about 3 days later in class, but he may have go them earlier.
They didn't change much though :frown:

Wow that's quick! Perfect and exactly what I need cause my AS results are just... *sigh* 🙈

Also did your remark go up? I've heard some pretty crazy stories of remarks going up from 2-37 ums marks or even below but ahr it's a risk I got to take...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Erikita
Wow that's quick! Perfect and exactly what I need cause my AS results are just... *sigh* ������

Also did your remark go up? I've heard some pretty crazy stories of remarks going up from 2-37 ums marks or even below but ahr it's a risk I got to take...

Posted from TSR Mobile

They went up, but only by 2 marks for me, which wasn't enough :-(
I know someone whose went up by 7 though :smile:
GOOD LUCK
Reply 4
There's no guarantee that it will be back by August 31st, which can be a problem if you're relying on it for a university place - you have to have met the conditions of you off by then.

However, if you tell your uni you're doing this they may hold your place for you until the result does come back (but they don't have to) or offer to defer your place.
Reply 5
Original post by Erikita
Does anyone know roughly how many days? Weeks? It takes for the priority remark to come back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

JCQ guidance says

The target for completion is within 18 calendar days of the awarding body receiving the request.

However a Priority remark is not available for all students as it says:

Priority Service 2 (Post-results review of marking)
This service is as Service 2. However, it is only available if a GCE A-level candidate or a Level 3 Principal Learning candidate’s place in higher education is dependent on the outcome.
Any applications not meeting these criteria will be treated as normal Service 2 requests.

So if you are an AS student you'll only be able to have a regular remark. For which the timescale is:

The target for completion is within 30 calendar days of the awarding body receiving the request.

Most requests are generally a lot quicker than both these targets, esp now a lot of remarking is done online.

Also the person who got a remark in Jan - that won't have been priority remark, as those are not available after Jan results.

I'm an exams officer btw
Reply 6
Original post by Erikita

Stick to a normal re-mark as priority re-marks are for people needing a university place. Although the quoted time-scales are quite long, in general re-marks come back within 7-10 days and sometimes significantly quicker, particularly from Edexcel.

Quick Reply

Latest