The Student Room Group

Track: Who is still waiting?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Diamonds_
My insurance haven't made their decision, I rang them and they said ring back if track hasn't been updated by 4:30.

Okay I will check for an update after 4.30 as well.
Thanks for the reply
Reply 81
Original post by Little Isis
I have no idea, i was thinking that when Essex emailed me. Is Reading your firm/insurance or did you find them in clearing?

Reading was my insurance. I rung essex twice, and both times they said they have a place for me and gave me a clearing code... but I'm not in clearing yet, so no use to me aha
Im in the same position! I have just missed out on my original offer (but I still have EPQ!!) And have basically been waiting all day for my track to update and get a decision from Kent Uni.
Good luck to everyone waiting for their track to update!! :smile:
why is the add clearing button gone on my application :frown:
Reply 84
Original post by iamchinny
I'm in a similar position, my chemistry results haven't been released so my unis don't know what I got =/

Have you had to call your unis and email them your scanned-in results? That's what I've had to do. Track still hasn't updated. I'm going to call my firm again at half 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Original post by Lysipud
Hmm now I'm really confused. So I'm ringing around track to just see what my options are and Kingston university offered me a place to do pharmaceutical science (originally applied for pharmacy). Now I haven't yet been declined from Reading and Kingston said I was in clearing - obviously I started panicking so rang up Reading and straight away they said that they are awaiting my ICT result and as soon as it comes through they will make their offer?
So get your ICT result to them ASAP? If then Reading confirms your place, you won't need to go into Clearing.

Original post by thetransitionary
Finally got through to Durham who said it could be up to the 21st August before they decide... -___-
It's unusual for it to take that long. If you don't want to wait you can ask them to reject you quickly.

Original post by Little Isis
Still waiting for Reading to get back to me. The woman over the phone told me she can't confirm when i'll get an update on UCAS. But, i've been looking in clearing just i case Reading reject me and Essex have a place for me on their Psychology course. Hope i hear the same news from Kent.
You'll need to make sure you know what deadlines if any Essex have set for you to enter a Clearing choice. If you don't want to wait for Reading, ring up and ask them to reject you now.

Original post by RonaIdo
Do both my firm and insurance have to submit their decisions before it will be shown on track? Got the grades for both, still no update. Hate waiting for something to happen.
Yes. Make sure that the unis concerned have got all the information they need.

Original post by Melissa.S.
I'm waiting for Reading to get back to me aswell, and Essex have a place for me aswell haha For biochemistry . How long do uni's normally hold places in clearing?
Depends. You need to check with them at the time what deadline if any they are setting for you to enter them as a Clearing choice.

Original post by Shaxx
Still waiting for my firm to make their decision, should I call them up?
Yes, if you haven't already. ASAP :smile:
Reply 86
Original post by Vivaviolin77
why is the add clearing button gone on my application :frown:
Have you added a clearing choice already? Has your original firm or insurance confirmed a place? If neither of these, contact UCAS ASAP.
Reply 87
I'm waiting for Bournemouth to update my status on track, can't apply for accommodation until they do and the number keeps disconnecting when i try to ring them.
Reply 88
Original post by Minerva
So get your ICT result to them ASAP? If then Reading confirms your place, you won't need to go into Clearing.

Hi, thanks for replying :smile:! I sent it off about 4 hours ago and still no luck! So I guess it's just the waiting game....I was only worried because Kingston told me I was in for Clearing and I thought hmmm how is that possible when I still haven't heard from Reading.
Is it normal for my firm to take THIS long to release me into clearing? i called at around 1 and have called atleast 10 times and they say they have to fill out forms, etc,etc and should be done by tomorrow morning. I really hope all good places are not gone by the time i am in clearing.
Reply 90
Original post by thetransitionary
Finally got through to Durham who said it could be up to the 21st August before they decide... -___-

What course?
I've been told I'll hear by tomorrow at the latest for adjustment to pharmacy.
Reply 91
same problem, ucas hasn't got one of my grades from the exam board as i changed exam boards after AS, been trying to send my results and speaking to people and getting absolutely nowhere. just want to know if i'm in or not so i can add clearing choices!!
Original post by jordi_A
What course?
I've been told I'll hear by tomorrow at the latest for adjustment to pharmacy.

Computer science, at Collingwood
Reply 93
So my firm (Sussex) are still yet to reply to my application as they do not have my results information, I've sent them an email as requested with scans of my results yet still no reply...frustrating as I already know I'm going to get declined anyway.

The problem is I have a place with my insurance, yet obviously can't move things on until Sussex respond. Is my place at risk if this doesn't happen soon? (I also wanted to ask about doing a different course)
Anyone waiting to hear from Newcastle?
Reply 95
Original post by Lysipud
Hi, thanks for replying :smile:! I sent it off about 4 hours ago and still no luck! So I guess it's just the waiting game....I was only worried because Kingston told me I was in for Clearing and I thought hmmm how is that possible when I still haven't heard from Reading.
Seems odd, but there you go. 4 hours isn't that long - if nothing's happened by tomorrow morning chase them up again.

Original post by Infamous12
Is it normal for my firm to take THIS long to release me into clearing? i called at around 1 and have called atleast 10 times and they say they have to fill out forms, etc,etc and should be done by tomorrow morning. I really hope all good places are not gone by the time i am in clearing.
Yes. As we warn people who are seeking a release, unis don't prioritise doing this and it can take a while.

Original post by acj94
same problem, ucas hasn't got one of my grades from the exam board as i changed exam boards after AS, been trying to send my results and speaking to people and getting absolutely nowhere. just want to know if i'm in or not so i can add clearing choices!!
I sympathise - keep trying :smile:
Reply 96
Still waiting for my firm to make a decision, will track still update at this time?
Original post by Minerva

Yes. As we warn people who are seeking a release, unis don't prioritise doing this and it can take a while.

It seems that me calling them continously is not speeding up the process. I have, in the meantime, been calling universities for my course and have managed to get 3 offers but they wont last forever. One of them will only last until tomorrow at 9 a.m. and im getting worried that all my desired universities will be out of clearing by tonight.
Reply 98
Original post by tao_
Still waiting for my firm to make a decision, will track still update at this time?

Apparently as soon as your uni update now, it'll come through on UCAS anyway, you don't need to wait for a proper update
Reply 99
Didn't make the grade for my firm or insurance but have had 3 offers through clearing (Brunell, Essexand Hull) How do I accept these offers though? I'm probably going to go for Essex but is it a case of ringing them back or do I wait for track to update and take it from there?

Edit: OK nvm Essex just sent me a email explaining what to do, however, it is telling me to click the "add clearing choice button". Where the **** is that?!?!
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending