The Student Room Group

How to change course

Hello guys

Well originally I applied for an Accounting and Finance course in Manchester Met.I also got a place at Salford university for the same course but I want to change my course and do engineering instead at salford. I rang them up and someone from the finance department said they'll try and change the course. It's been 2 hours now and I still haven't got a response. So what do I do? when shall I update my UCAS? Also do I have to let my accommodation firm know that I will change universities? Anything else I should know?

Thanks
Original post by TonyLewis
Hello guys

Well originally I applied for an Accounting and Finance course in Manchester Met.I also got a place at Salford university for the same course but I want to change my course and do engineering instead at salford. I rang them up and someone from the finance department said they'll try and change the course. It's been 2 hours now and I still haven't got a response. So what do I do? when shall I update my UCAS? Also do I have to let my accommodation firm know that I will change universities? Anything else I should know?

Thanks

Which is your firm? If it's MMU you need to get released from that before you can start swapping courses about at what is presumably your Insurance place. Ring Salford's Clearing line and ask about the course change. There isn't anything on UCAS for you to update, it's for the unis to arrange. You need to apply for accomodation at Salford once your place is confirmed on Track - you can't stay in MMU accom when you're not at MMU. You'd also need to let Student Finance know that you're going elsewhere.
Reply 2
Hi Becca thanks. I know I would have to decline both of my offers first but...i'm afraid in case I don't get the course in engineering...and if i wait too long the course can be taken, i'm stuck in this dilemma. Also I'm staying in private accommodation so would I really have to change it and do I not have to update ucas if i change my course?
Reply 3
help please anyone?
(edited 10 years ago)
Have you been made a verbal offer for Engineering here? If so, you can attach yourself on UCAS after 5pm. PM me if you need more info
Thanks
Janet
Reply 5
Original post by TonyLewis
Hello guys

Thanks

You need to wait

Call Salford again tomorrow

Then you will need to let people like SFE know

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending