The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3400
Original post by L'Evil Fish
WJEC...

C3: 83
C4: 93

:redface:

I started maths early and I found C2 hard so for you to do C3 and C4 at the same time!....
Oh yeah, you said you was 2 marks from an A*, isn't it 4 :confused:
Reply 3401
Did anyone of you see DJMayes results?! What the...! 600/600 in A level further maths!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3402
Original post by a123a
Dis anyone of you see DJMayes results?! What the...! 600/600 in A level further maths!

Do you have a link?
Reply 3403
Original post by zed963
Do you have a link?

Link

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2429909&page=94&page=94
yeah I'm on the iPad so...
but if that doesn't work go to the a level results discussion thread on page 94 top post, someone is quoting him and go onto the spoiler. :wink:
Original post by a123a
What exam were you on for A level maths? And what did you get in C3 and C4?

Edit: very well done, amazing results!
im really trying to neg Dalek after that comment! But it keeps on saying please rate other members before rating this member again. :angry:

Me too :redface: Dalek should really be more considerate in situations like this. He's all about getting top grades and I'm sure he'd feel a bit crap too if he didn't get a grade that he REALLY wanted.
@L'evil Fish, you did great (better than a lot of 18 year olds do) but I'm sorry that you're disappointed. Hopefully if you remark/resit you'll get the grade you want!
Reply 3405
Look at his other results as well! 4 A*s! At A level
Reply 3406
Original post by a123a
Link

but if that doesn't work go to the a level results discussion thread on page 94 top post, someone is quoting him and go onto the spoiler. :wink:

Speechless. Wow.

Oh well Dalek has something to work towards, he can now get off this forum for once :tongue:
Reply 3407
Original post by a123a
Link

**** me sideways...
Original post by Dalek1099
General Studies isn't counted by any university as far as I know, Critical Studies is considered a useful qualification by some universities but I'm pretty sure most universities don't judge applicants by it but its a lot more respected by universities than General Studies.So 5 real AS's 4A's and 1B nothing incredible on TSR-L Evil Fish will thrash that.AS's aren't that important because you can't get an A* though but still much more important than GCSE's.At AS, its the UMS that really matters because you can't achieve an A*.

I'd hardly say that 4 As and 1 B is nothing incredible, considering they're the top two grades at AS! Sure, the UMS marks do matter, but for getting offers those grades look quite good as, I believe, universities aren't allowed to look at your UMS marks.
Reply 3409
Original post by CheesePuffff
Me too :redface: Dalek should really be more considerate in situations like this. He's all about getting top grades and I'm sure he'd feel a bit crap too if he didn't get a grade that he REALLY wanted.
@L'evil Fish, you did great (better than a lot of 18 year olds do) but I'm sorry that you're disappointed. Hopefully if you remark/resit you'll get the grade you want!

I know yeah! Dalek doesn't strike me as clever though! Rude, immature, big-headed...

Original post by zed963
Speechless. Wow.

Oh well Dalek has something to work towards, he can now get off this forum for once :tongue:

:colone:

Original post by Tibbz2
**** me sideways...

i know yeah! Wtf man, but congratulations to him, I'm sure he worked very hard for it. Simply amazing!
Reply 3410
Original post by tsjmcgrath
I'd hardly say that 4 As and 1 B is nothing incredible, considering they're the top two grades at AS! Sure, the UMS marks do matter, but for getting offers those grades look quite good as, I believe, universities aren't allowed to look at your UMS marks.

Only Cambridge gets them, in which case they're more important anyway because if the average is 93 or more you get auto-pooled.

You make a good point as the universities when you are applying only see your predicted grades based on your AS results, i have just got my AS results today and what my college predict me off them is what the universities will get to see in terms of if they even will begin to consider me a place.
Original post by Cluck
Only Cambridge gets them, in which case they're more important anyway because if the average is 93 or more you get auto-pooled.

Why only Cambridge? And what does auto-pooled mean?
Reply 3413
Original post by Cluck

What's auto pooled?
Reply 3414
Why only Cambridge? And what does auto-pooled mean?

Original post by zed963
What's auto pooled?

Only Cambridge ask for them. I think you have to fill out extra details.

You get auto-pooled (that is, automatically put into the Winter Pool) if you have an average UMS across your best three AS subjects of 93 or more (except Maths and Medicine, because it's more competitive for them). Normally, you get pooled if your first choice college can't offer you a place but still think you might be good enough to get into another college, so your application is shown to the rest of the colleges who can then offer you a place, essentially giving you a second chance. This can happen with a lower UMS but having a high enough average to be auto-pooled means that so long as you get an interview in the first place, you can't be rejected straight away, even if you do badly at interview.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Dalek1099
Remark that Maths A2, how could you not get an A*?

Because getting an A* is so ****ing simple.

Of course to the inventor of symbolic maths, all normal maths done by simpletons like us is trivial.
Hey guys, Just wanted to ask a quick question. With stuff like AQA Geography or OCR Gateway Science which have 2 papers and 1 coursework, will the break down of the 2 papers and coursework be shown on the results slip or will it just show the overall grade? Thanks.
Reply 3417
Original post by MdTahmid
Hey guys, Just wanted to ask a quick question. With stuff like AQA Geography or OCR Gateway Science which have 2 papers and 1 coursework, will the break down of the 2 papers and coursework be shown on the results slip or will it just show the overall grade? Thanks.

Yes in theory it should. It should show the examination codes followed by the title and the UMS.

And there should also be one with the full qualification which will have a capital letter for the grade e.g A. Which is the overall grade.
Original post by zed963
Yes in theory it should. It should show the examination codes followed by the title and the UMS.

And there should also be one with the full qualification which will have a capital letter for the grade e.g A. Which is the overall grade.

Can anyone else confirm this? Or is it just depending on your school and how they go about it?
How many marks do you think it will be to get a grade 'C' in gcse English foundation

Latest