The Student Room Group

Disappointing AS grades

Hi

I just received my AS grades and they are ABD..I didn't totally expect the D so it was absolute shock,I'm having it remarked since I'm only one mark off a C..Anyways my predicted grades will be AAB ( I spoke to all of my teachers about it so I'm certain)..All the unis I'm applying for want either AAB or ABB expect my top choice (Exeter) which wants AAA/AAB..So is Exeter no longer a choice ? I know it's a risk but is there even a chance that they would consider my application ?

Also do you know when will they give that AAB offer ? since in entry requirements it says AAA/AAB
Reply 1
Original post by Mollylondon
Hi

I just received my AS grades and they are ABD..I didn't totally expect the D so it was absolute shock,I'm having it remarked since I'm only one mark off a C..Anyways my predicted grades will be AAB ( I spoke to all of my teachers about it so I'm certain)..All the unis I'm applying for want either AAB or ABB expect my top choice (Exeter) which wants AAA/AAB..So is Exeter no longer a choice ? I know it's a risk but is there even a chance that they would consider my application ?

Also do you know when will they give that AAB offer ? since in entry requirements it says AAA/AAB

It's fine to have one or two ambitious choices on your application seeing as you can make 5 choices overall. So it's probably worth the risk.

If you are predicted AAB and they are asking for AAA/AAB then it's likely you will be considered. Whether they offer you AAA or AAB will probably depend on several factors, such as your subject combination, personal statement etc. Even if you are predicted AAB it's possible they will make you an AAA offer.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Zottula
It's fine to have one or two ambitious choices on your application seeing as you can make 5 choices overall. So it's probably worth the risk.

If you are predicted AAB and they are asking for AAA/AAB then it's likely you will be considered. Whether they offer you AAA or AAB will probably depend on several factors, such as your subject combination, personal statement etc. Even if you are predicted AAB it's possible they will make you an AAA offer.

Oh thank you so much,I feel kinda relieved..I better work on my PS ^_^
Often uni's give lower offers if you are doing subjects that are relevant to the course you want to study.
Also, if you talk to a teacher of a subject which you think you will get a higher grade they have predicted and you are willing to maybe do a resit of an AS exam or to go to extra revision classes they may raise your predicted grade to an A.
They may also be other ways to get into the course, such as a diploma or a Btec?
Reply 4
Original post by mollie_jacobs
Often uni's give lower offers if you are doing subjects that are relevant to the course you want to study.
Also, if you talk to a teacher of a subject which you think you will get a higher grade they have predicted and you are willing to maybe do a resit of an AS exam or to go to extra revision classes they may raise your predicted grade to an A.
They may also be other ways to get into the course, such as a diploma or a Btec?

My subjects are all actually relevant to what I want to study and none of them are considered soft and I will retake both modules of the subject I got D in so hopefully with a lot of hard work I have the chance to bring it to an A if my offer said so but I really need to beg my teacher to predict me an A which seems kind of impossible given that he's really stubborn
Original post by Mollylondon
My subjects are all actually relevant to what I want to study and none of them are considered soft and I will retake both modules of the subject I got D in so hopefully with a lot of hard work I have the chance to bring it to an A if my offer said so but I really need to beg my teacher to predict me an A which seems kind of impossible given that he's really stubborn

I'm sure it will all work out, I got really awful AS results today and no where near what I was expecting and so I've been into my college and they've said that on my application they are going to say that I didn't get what I was expecting at AS and that I'm re-taking modules to improve my grades so maybe ask if your college would do that?
Reply 6
Original post by mollie_jacobs
I'm sure it will all work out, I got really awful AS results today and no where near what I was expecting and so I've been into my college and they've said that on my application they are going to say that I didn't get what I was expecting at AS and that I'm re-taking modules to improve my grades so maybe ask if your college would do that?

Good advice thanks,I'll probably ask them since I always got As in my exams and mocks.Hopefully staff are quite nice over here and they were really helpful except my eco teacher he was so cold and told me he didn't have time to speak to me :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest