The Student Room Group

What to drop...big decisions

Right, I wanna do computer science at Kings College, who want AAB, and the B has to be in maths.

Just got my AS's:
-Maths (D)..
-ICT (A)
-Geography (B)
-Business Studies (B)

Not exactly what I wanted but with hard work I can get the grades next year. I've decided to keep ICT (thought why throw away an A) and maths (still reckon I can get a B).

Now I'm left with Business and Geography, no idea what I want to drop. I enjoy both very much. What do you guys think I should drop?
Reply 1
Original post by QPRboy
Right, I wanna do computer science at Kings College, who want AAB, and the B has to be in maths.

Just got my AS's:
-Maths (D)..
-ICT (A)
-Geography (B)
-Business Studies (B)

Not exactly what I wanted but with hard work I can get the grades next year. I've decided to keep ICT (thought why throw away an A) and maths (still reckon I can get a B).

Now I'm left with Business and Geography, no idea what I want to drop. I enjoy both very much. What do you guys think I should drop?

If you enjoy both subjects very much, I would maybe drop one with the lowest mark? Which one can you see yourself doing better in?
Reply 2
Original post by cpdavis
If you enjoy both subjects very much, I would maybe drop one with the lowest mark? Which one can you see yourself doing better in?

Business, but I've heard that geography is a more recognised subject and although irrelevent to computer science it would the better choice. However, if I picked business-which i find easier..then i'd have 2 unrecognised subjects (ICT and business) and that could put me at a disadvantage when unis choose applicants?
Reply 3
Drop Georgraphy

out of all those subject id say drop business because A2 is a pain in the ass but you did your best in that subject so leave it.
Reply 4
Original post by QPRboy

Just got my AS's:
-Maths (D)..
-ICT (A)
-Geography (B)
-Business Studies (B)

I received an offer from King's - to also study Computer Science - studying Geography (predicted a B I think) and so would recommended that, I have heard that Businesses Studies is sometimes considered a soft-ish subject. However, if there is a massive difference between your grades and it is much more likely that you will meet the grades with business studies then keep that

Either way, it shouldn't make too much difference :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending