The Student Room Group

Failed A2, Dont know what to do!

Didnt do to well in my exams

Came out with CCD overall for A2

Have no idea what to do now. I never applied for uni as i always expected to take a gap year but is there a point of me applying for uni this year?

Which top uni will take me especially when i want to study law at southampton or SOAS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by boateng

Have no idea what to do now. I never applied for uni as i always expected to take a gap year but is there a point of me applying for uni this year?

Which top uni will take me especially when i want to study law at southampton or SOAS

You'll have trouble getting into a top university for law with those grades unfortunately. Do you have the opportunity to resit?
Reply 2
Original post by boateng

Resit.

There is no way you will break into law with poor Alevel grades.
Reply 3
Original post by Nirgilis
You'll have trouble getting into a top university for law with those grades unfortunately. Do you have the opportunity to resit?

yeah i know...

dont know what to do next

i never applied for uni so clearing isnt an option at the moment

i was thinking of resitting exams next summer but im also worried about my ucas?

no top uni will offer me a place:frown:
Reply 4
Original post by fat_hobbit
Resit.

There is no way you will break into law with poor Alevel grades.

i was thinking of doing that

but what about my ucas?
Reply 5
Original post by boateng
yeah i know...

dont know what to do next

i never applied for uni so clearing isnt an option at the moment

i was thinking of resitting exams next summer but im also worried about my ucas?

no top uni will offer me a place:frown:

You can apply while getting some work experience? Universities will look at experience as well as grades. If you can get some very relevant stuff, all hope isn't lost :h:
Reply 6
You can apply while getting some work experience? Universities will look at experience as well as grades. If you can get some very relevant stuff, all hope isn't lost :h:

yeah this gap year was always planned so its not unexpected

its just that i thought i would have A's and instead i have c's and d's:mad:

i am just worried about ucas really and if any good uni will take me with those terrible grades
Reply 7
Original post by boateng
yeah this gap year was always planned so its not unexpected

its just that i thought i would have A's and instead i have c's and d's:mad:

i am just worried about ucas really and if any good uni will take me with those terrible grades

There's not much you can do I'm afraid, other than remarking or resitting, sorry :sad:
Reply 8
Original post by boateng
i was thinking of doing that

but what about my ucas?

You need to be an A grader at Alevels if you are to break into law after graduation due to UCAS points.

Even if you go and get your degree now. You will be shunned away after you graduate.
you don't have to have applied for university to do clearing! Even if you didn't apply you can still go through clearing. ( Just something it seems you've misunderstood )

Well agreeing with the rest of the comments here, unfortunately that is definitely too low for law. What you could do is either retake and apply for universities letting them know that you are retaking all the modules.
Alternatively you could spend 3 years doing another course which would require lower standards and then do a law conversion course (1 year) when you're done with that.
Reply 10
Original post by shoppinglegends
you don't have to have applied for university to do clearing! Even if you didn't apply you can still go through clearing. ( Just something it seems you've misunderstood )

Well agreeing with the rest of the comments here, unfortunately that is definitely too low for law. What you could do is either retake and apply for universities letting them know that you are retaking all the modules.
Alternatively you could spend 3 years doing another course which would require lower standards and then do a law conversion course (1 year) when you're done with that.

This is what i am going to do.

Problem is is there any point applying for top uni's with my grades? I want to go to Surrey, Southampton or SOAS and those 3 uni's all want from AAA-AAB. I currently have CCD/:angry:
Reply 11
Original post by fat_hobbit
You need to be an A grader at Alevels if you are to break into law after graduation due to UCAS points.

Even if you go and get your degree now. You will be shunned away after you graduate.

What do you mean? If I resit some units during my gap year.. which is what i am going to do...i was wondering about how my ucas will look. Basically i have little chance of getting into a good uni because i am retaking units/
Reply 12
You didnt fail dont worry!

But yes resit, because you won't get any prestigious or otherwise law offers with those grades,

Good luck and congrats :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
There's not much you can do I'm afraid, other than remarking or resitting, sorry :sad:

I am going to resit

I am just worried about UCAS like i said. I will have to get my teacher to predict me 3A's...but still that may not be enough
Reply 14
Original post by TheBigJosh
You didnt fail dont worry!

But yes resit, because you won't get any prestigious or otherwise law offers with those grades,

Good luck and congrats :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats what i am going to do, but can i still get offers from a prestigious uni when they see i have those terrible grades and people applying will have A's at AS etc....
ok in that case think carefully about what you're going to retake this year. Start getting prepared and plan everything out.

Some modules you can take in January and some in June. Write all those down.
Try and take the LEAST amount of modules. Don't let yourself get too overwhelmed by having to cram everything in.
If your AS marks aren't as great, always choose to retake those first as they are easier and will be easier to get a higher mark in.

AAA - AAB is very achievable as long as your work very hard over the next year!
i got BDD...definitely not what i deserve....severe and extreme OCD affected my grades and education :frown:

i am way more capable than this !!!! totally more capable and i know it

sad thing is the clearing unis wont care and my life is now ruined and i cry everyday :frown:

they dont even wanna take my medical proof letter into account.....

i feel like i am way smarter to go to some other lower ranked university, i am going to suffer so much, so much pain i have to live with
Reply 17
Original post by shoppinglegends
ok in that case think carefully about what you're going to retake this year. Start getting prepared and plan everything out.

Some modules you can take in January and some in June. Write all those down.
Try and take the LEAST amount of modules. Don't let yourself get too overwhelmed by having to cram everything in.
If your AS marks aren't as great, always choose to retake those first as they are easier and will be easier to get a higher mark in.

AAA - AAB is very achievable as long as your work very hard over the next year!

I have just finished A2 and achieved CCD/ I am not in AS...I Wish!!!!!
I am on a gap year so going to have to teach myself

Also January modules are scrapped. Only June exams now////
Reply 18
Original post by study beats
i got BDD...definitely not what i deserve....severe and extreme OCD affected my grades and education :frown:

i am way more capable than this !!!! totally more capable and i know it

sad thing is the clearing unis wont care and my life is now ruined and i cry everyday :frown:

they dont even wanna take my medical proof letter into account.....

i feel like i am way smarter to go to some other lower ranked university, i am going to suffer so much, so much pain i have to live with

dont be so hard on yourself.

you have a grade b. just be positive.
Original post by boateng
dont be so hard on yourself.

you have a grade b. just be positive.

? how can i be positive in such a disgusting and cruel situation.......i was positive 3 times for my results, but i always didnt get what i wanted....

revised for some exams, did past papers got 90 percent and 80 percent........get the result, it sayd 60 percent?? wtf??

life sucks so much :frown:

so what are u going to do now?

Quick Reply

Latest