The Student Room Group

AQA AS English Literature

Hey Guys, I got a D in my English Lit exam which I was suprised because I thought this was my strongest exam. I got 63 RAW marks, and the D borderline was 60 so literally I was only just in the boundary aswell. If I got this remarked and the grade they marked it to was actually lower, am I forced to then use the lower grade?
Reply 1
Original post by JamesRobbins8
Hey Guys, I got a D in my English Lit exam which I was suprised because I thought this was my strongest exam. I got 63 RAW marks, and the D borderline was 60 so literally I was only just in the boundary aswell. If I got this remarked and the grade they marked it to was actually lower, am I forced to then use the lower grade?

Yes, unfortunately you do have to take the lower grade.
I'm in the same boat too; I've achieved nothing but As in homeworks and mock exams all year yet got a C in the exam. The whole country seems to have been mugged off.
I'm only 1 UMS away from an A overall so I'm going for a re-mark too.
Yeah, unfortunately you'd have to take the lower grade, which wouldn't be helpful when applying to Uni if that's what you're planning! But that's about the worst of it, there's just a few things you'll need to do. Make sure your references make it clear this was a surprise, Universities understand that **** happens sometimes, and also, although its tough now there's no January resits, try and slam it next summer! I know because exactly the same thing happened to me last year. A in coursework for AQA Lit B, but a D in the exam! Messed up the resit too and got a C... somehow full marks'd this summer and now have an A* and am going to my uni of choice from before last summer! Don't worry, you can do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest