The Student Room Group

A-level resulttt helpp!

Hi there, just received my results today and managed to receive A, D, D in Maths, Biology and Chemistry and a D in AS Physics. I have no idea of what I should do now. I have always wanted to attend a very good university. I was rejected from my firm which was Aberdeen university and accepted to my insurance which is Portsmouth University. I am not sure whether I should retake some modules in the Sciences as a private candidate or go through clearing to get into a better university. I'm not too sure whether I want to go to Portsmouth University. Oh and by the way I want to study Mathematics- should have mentioned earlier, I apologise. Any help would be great. Oh and if anyone knows anything about the university of Portsmouth, whether it's good, etc, please share. Thank you!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Nessa95
Hi there, just received my results today and managed to receive A, D, D in Maths, Biology and Chemistry and a D in AS Physics. I have no idea of what I should do now. I have always wanted to attend a very good university. I was rejected from my firm which was Aberdeen university and accepted to my insurance which is Portsmouth University. I am not sure whether I should retake some modules in the Sciences as a private candidate or go through clearing to get into a better university. I'm not too sure whether I want to go to Portsmouth University. Oh and by the way I want to study Mathematics- should have mentioned earlier, I apologise. Any help would be great. Oh and if anyone knows anything about the university of Portsmouth, whether it's good, etc, please share. Thank you!

Do quite a bit of research on Portsmouth on the course, university, location, accommodation, etc and decide whether or not it's a place you think you'll be happy at. If it's a yes, then that's all good and great. If it's a no, then you'll have to start looking through Clearing and contacting universities about Clearing when you get a chance. :smile:

You can also check out our forum for Portsmouth for your questions specific to the university.
Reply 2
Original post by Ecosse_14
Do quite a bit of research on Portsmouth on the course, university, location, accommodation, etc and decide whether or not it's a place you think you'll be happy at. If it's a yes, then that's all good and great. If it's a no, then you'll have to start looking through Clearing and contacting universities about Clearing when you get a chance. :smile:

You can also check out our forum for Portsmouth for your questions specific to the university.

I was just wondering how I could go on about retaking modules? Are there any affordable centers I could book these exams for as a private candidate? and how will UCAS work if I did that? I mean, who would be writing my reference? Thank you very much!

Quick Reply

Latest