The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3420
Original post by MdTahmid
Can anyone else confirm this? Or is it just depending on your school and how they go about it?

Depending on your school it may vary. For example, for any completed units, they may not be shown (the ones you already know a mark to). Whereas, newer units such as summer ones will be displayed. Also, moderated coursework may also be present.

Though you can always request the full breakdown as the school will have it:smile:
Original post by Cluck
Only Cambridge ask for them. I think you have to fill out extra details.

You get auto-pooled (that is, automatically put into the Winter Pool) if you have an average UMS across your best three AS subjects of 93 or more (except Maths and Medicine, because it's more competitive for them). Normally, you get pooled if your first choice college can't offer you a place but still think you might be good enough to get into another college, so your application is shown to the rest of the colleges who can then offer you a place, essentially giving you a second chance. This can happen with a lower UMS but having a high enough average to be auto-pooled means that so long as you get an interview in the first place, you can't be rejected straight away, even if you do badly at interview.

Oh right, that's interesting. Doubt I'd be good enough for Cambridge though sadly.
Reply 3422
Original post by MdTahmid
Can anyone else confirm this? Or is it just depending on your school and how they go about it?

This is what my school did for my AS results today. Those were emailed though, and in the past they've decided to mess with what we're given on paper, so it does depend a bit on your school.
quite a mixed bag of results today then aye? But mostly good ones :smile:

We've got a standard to beat new year 12's :colone:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
WJEC...

C3: 83
C4: 93

:redface:

You gonna resit C3? (Sorry if answered but I cba to trawl through all the pages)

Posted from TSR Mobile
This website must have exploded today :lol: and got ALOT of new threads haha :lol:
Reply 3426
Original post by techno836
This website must have exploded today :lol: and got ALOT of new threads haha :lol:

A lot of new threads! I've been watching over all the A level ones for the past hour or 2 :tongue:
Reply 3427

Lol, I agree. I wonder how the servers coped.
Reply 3428
Original post by tsjmcgrath
Oh right, that's interesting. Doubt I'd be good enough for Cambridge though sadly.

Just work hard no matter what.

Get good grades at GCSE and A-levels and you may stand a chance.
It depends on which course you want to pursue though.
Original post by elixirs
A lot of new threads! I've been watching over all the A level ones for the past hour or 2 :tongue:

Original post by zed963
Lol, I agree. I wonder how the servers coped.

haha I've been online almost all day and answering questions I can :biggrin:

and I have no idea :dontknow:
Reply 3430

oh, didn't you do any studying for AS?

Unless you dedicated this day to TSR :tongue:
Reply 3431
quite a mixed bag of results today then aye? But mostly good ones :smile:

We've got a standard to beat new year 12's :colone:

especially hard when you have siblings to beat :redface:
Reply 3432
I haven't seen bluffroom for a while, anyone know how he's doing?
Original post by zed963
Just work hard no matter what.

Get good grades at GCSE and A-levels and you may stand a chance.
It depends on which course you want to pursue though.

Do you think the fact that I'm probably going to get a U in my FSMQ will affect my chances, or do I not need to tell them about that? Because surely it won't appear on UCAS if I don't get any UCAS points?
Reply 3434
Original post by Aimzii

Oooh that pressure. :redface:

Just be yourself and work hard, you're unique and you'll come out with something at the end.

Just keep at it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3435

and I have no idea :dontknow:

I guess you really do want to be a mod:teehee:
Original post by zed963
oh, didn't you do any studying for AS?

Unless you dedicated this day to TSR :tongue:

nope I haven't done anything today ... TSR day! :tsr:

Original post by Aimzii

haha we will beat them all ..because we have TSR :lol:
Original post by elixirs
I guess you really do want to be a mod:teehee:

hahaha yeah, well I do like being helpful :h: :lol:
Reply 3438
Original post by tsjmcgrath
Do you think the fact that I'm probably going to get a U in my FSMQ will affect my chances, or do I not need to tell them about that? Because surely it won't appear on UCAS if I don't get any UCAS points?

Well to be honest I would list every possible grade that is on my name.
I don't want to hamper my chances by being dishonest. It doesn't give a good impression to the university guys.

Also I'd suggest you retake that and improve. A lot of people including myself weren't great at maths but we've always had that liking and a bit of ability so keep at it.

As regards to uni, is there anything in your mind that is making you say that Cambridge is the be all and end all?

If not then there are many other universities which will at the end of the day give you a degree which will in turn open doors for you into a good career.

Don't get your heart too set on Cambridge, it will be of no benefit to you.

:smile:
Reply 3439
nope I haven't done anything today ... TSR day! :tsr:

haha we will beat them all ..because we have TSR :lol:

If you mind me asking, what will you be studying in sixth form?

Latest