The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3460
Original post by techno836
my last 7 reps or something (neg and pos ) haven't affected my score at all ? and on the forum there wasn't even people with neg gems :s-smilie: ..might be broken ?

Yeah I've realised that. The score isn't updating as frequently as it used to. Maybe it takes time or maybe the servers have a problem. :rolleyes:
HEY GUYS!! theres only 1 week left!! what are your emotions??
Original post by elixirs
'Extra curricular activities: Loyal tsr user'
:tongue:

yeah ..over 2 and half years old :lol:
Reply 3463
The percentage of A-A* grades has fallen this year for A-levels:eek::redface:
Anyone think this will be the same for GCSE's..:frown:
Original post by zed963
Yeah I've realised that. The score isn't updating as frequently as it used to. Maybe it takes time or maybe the servers have a problem. :rolleyes:

There's an edit now :lol:
Original post by Aimzii
wow lool my reward will be krispy creme donuts :biggrin:

Caramel flavoured donuts owwn
Original post by a123a
I started maths early and I found C2 hard so for you to do C3 and C4 at the same time!....
Oh yeah, you said you was 2 marks from an A*, isn't it 4 :confused:

It's 2 raw marks :smile:
Original post by CheesePuffff
Me too :redface: Dalek should really be more considerate in situations like this. He's all about getting top grades and I'm sure he'd feel a bit crap too if he didn't get a grade that he REALLY wanted.
@L'evil Fish, you did great (better than a lot of 18 year olds do) but I'm sorry that you're disappointed. Hopefully if you remark/resit you'll get the grade you want!

Thanks a lot :smile: I'll resit C3

Original post by Red Fox
You gonna resit C3? (Sorry if answered but I cba to trawl through all the pages)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah:smile:
Reply 3467
Original post by sr234

I predict an up in A*/A grades...
and a down in C grades:biggrin:
Reply 3468
Original post by sr234

Could be, I hope there's an increase rather than a decrease but we all that possibility of that happening is very slim.

I'm just hoping for the best.
Reply 3469
There's an edit now :lol:

Yeah I saw it the moment after I posted.
Original post by zed963
Yeah I saw it the moment after I posted.

haha :smile:

what have you learnt/revised today then :smile:
Reply 3471
Original post by sr234

They're predicting slightly lower science grades, so it's a possibility :redface:
Does anyone know what they think they might have gotten for their GCSEs????? Like an estimateeee? Im so scareed :frown: I feel kinda left out as all the A level peeps are getting their results and im not :frown:
Original post by HeyThereHarry
Haha!
My sister just showed me her results slip, and it turns out she was reading it wrong! Omg, it turns out she actually got A*AB! She's such a fool haha... before she was looking at her target grades instead :tongue:

I'm actually so proud :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm ditzy like that :lol: Aww cute :smile: but wow, well done HeyThereHarry's sister :biggrin:
Reply 3474
yeah ..over 2 and half years old :lol:

:giggle: What other UCAS applicant is applying with 2 and a half tsr years up their sleeve, huh?!
Reply 3475
haha :smile:

what have you learnt/revised today then :smile:

Well over the past few days I've focused on core 1. I've nearly finished it.

I'm doing differentiation at the moment and then I've got integration left.

I've learnt a few proofs. E.g how x^2=2x

And if you differentiate 2x^-2

you get -4x^-3

etc.
NO I WISH I DID IT NEXT YEAR WHY WHY WHY !!!!! I CAN IMAGINE MY SELF THERE GOING IN THE HALL GETTING MY ENVILOPE AND SEE GRADES THAT I THINK ARE BAD NOOOOO WHY WHY :bawling:
Reply 3477
Original post by elixirs
:giggle: What other UCAS applicant is applying with 2 and a half tsr years up their sleeve, huh?!

It'll be me in the next two years :tongue:
Original post by zed963
That is a whole load of CRAP. NO one cares about it nor do the teachers or schools very much. It's just another statistic to compare schools. But seriously there's no point of having it. It just forces people to do other subjects which they may or may not like.

This is not true, my headteacher changed the timetables for Y10 to make sure we studied French and one of History/Geography, which weren't compulsory before the announcement of the Ebacc - lots of teachers go on about how important it is and say that they have all been given special intervention abilities because of their importance.The English Baccalaureate will probably become as important as the 5A*-C including English and Maths and is seriously being considered to replace the 5A*-C including English and Maths due to grade inflation and you have 100% failed your GCSEs without 5A*-C including English and Maths.
(edited 10 years ago)
Never expecting a grade again :lol:

Grade boundaries aren't very useful because you can't predict your raw mark... I was around 20 marks off over all my A Level exams today :mmm:

C4 I got right
C3 I was 7 marks off
C2 I was 7 marks off
S1 I was 4 marks off

(all in the wrong direction:colonhash:)

HY1 I was 7 marks off again...

So 25 marks away from my predictions:tongue:

Moral. Don't get set on a grade until you get them :smile:

Latest