The Student Room Group

D1 (Decision 1) 17 May 2013 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

I got total float 9, I think I did the early time wrong, because I wrote down the smallest number. I did every activity questions in past paper ribut, but this time.
just freak me out, do u know how many marks for question 7?::>_<::
Posted from TSR Mobile
D1 couldn't have went better. I think I got 100% or at least very close.
Reply 882
Time to unsubscribe from my own thread.

The chat has devolved.

For anyone still worrying about this Exam, remember you still have others left you need to perform in to get into University. REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU SMASHED IT OR IT SMASHED YOU.

Time to start working towards the next 6. A*AA LETS DO THIS.

Bye and good luck, see anyone on the Phys and C3/C4 Forums I created too.
Original post by otrivine
Oh no from where

The kruskal's part :frown: I read the question wrong, so lost 4 marks there on c and d.

Lost 2 marks on 6b where we had to explain the 2x<3y constraint.

And on the critical path analysis I think I got the float of M as 9, and not 8. I THINK! :mad: Which means I could've got part of my boxes wrong, where you can see he must've wrote 43 first, and gone over it and wrote 42.
Original post by jiaxinchen1993
I got total float 9, I think I did the early time wrong, because I wrote down the smallest number. I did every activity questions in past paper ribut, but this time.
just freak me out, do u know how many marks for question 7?::>_<::
Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 9 too, I'm sooo mad at myself :cry:
I was so happy when I finished the paper, it was a such easy paper. but after I checked with my classmates, just wanna cry. because it worthed so many marks, and It also affects the gragh.
The critical path analysis and linear programming question made me cry. i wen over the earliest and latest times so much to prevent errors i left the cascade chart last minute and didn't finish the lower bound question.
Linear programming, those constraints >.<
I thought everything else was okay, hope grade boundaries are 'nice'.
Original post by Westeros
The kruskal's part :frown: I read the question wrong, so lost 4 marks there on c and d.

Lost 2 marks on 6b where we had to explain the 2x<3y constraint.

And on the critical path analysis I think I got the float of M as 9, and not 8. I THINK! :mad: Which means I could've got part of my boxes wrong, where you can see he must've wrote 43 first, and gone over it and wrote 42.

Oh no what about ur gantt did u draw it correctly
Original post by otrivine
Oh no what about ur gantt did u draw it correctly

Well if my network thingy was wrong, then my gantt chart will be wrong, but it was only the M part I got wrong, so I may get 2/3 marks for the gantt chart because some activities will still be correct, ah! Now I just need to smash my C2 resit, C3 and C4! :colondollar:
Original post by Westeros
Well if my network thingy was wrong, then my gantt chart will be wrong, but it was only the M part I got wrong, so I may get 2/3 marks for the gantt chart because some activities will still be correct, ah! Now I just need to smash my C2 resit, C3 and C4! :colondollar:

L
All the best , looking forward to seeing you in c4 thread :wink:
Can't remember if I did the first fit bin correctly and depending on how picky they are with the wordy questions everything else seems to be all good- onto S2!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone doing d2? If so, I would be ever so grateful if someone explained network flows to me! It just makes me cry when I do it and I can't afford to fail d2 :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone get a mark scheme up?
D1 boundaries seem high at 65, I was hoping 60/61 for an A... what do you guys think?

& also good luck for tomorrow everyone ! :smile:
Original post by posthumus
D1 boundaries seem high at 65, I was hoping 60/61 for an A... what do you guys think?

& also good luck for tomorrow everyone ! :smile:

Yeah pretty gutted, was hoping for a low boundary as this is the only exam I messed up on. I made silly mistakes and didn't even finish the last question. I think I got a B in this but I still have 90+ from FP1 and S2 to fall back on.
Reply 897
anyone shocked with the d1 result?
Original post by Smko

Not really, I wasn't sure what to expect from it tbh.
Original post by Smko

Yep, I got 60 UMS which equates to a C, massive shock for me considering I thought that it went far better than Mechanics and Statistics (got a B and a very strong C respectively) and for D1 was expecting in the worst case scenario a B.

Pretty sure I'm redoing this next year.

Quick Reply

Latest