The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mangatardallys
After waiting all day, worrying and wondering whether I would be going to university or not, my track finally updates!

15 August 2013, 18:41

Congratulations, your place at University of Glasgow for Psychology has been confirmed. The university or college should now send you more information.

I can't wait now, hehe. :biggrin: :biggrin:

congratulations :biggrin: :woo: :party: :balloon: :banana: (just trying out emoticons :lol: )
Original post by techno836
congratulations :biggrin: :woo: :party: :balloon: :banana: (just trying out emoticons :lol: )

Haha, why thank you very much. :biggrin:
Haha, why thank you very much. :biggrin:

what were your grades and A levels may I ask ? :smile:
what were your grades and A levels may I ask ? :smile:

Well, I was predicted AAB with ABB from AS, absolutely bombed my exams and ended up with BBC, so I missed my firm which was at Sussex. Luckily, I phoned up Glasgow and they still took me despite them asking for ABB, I feel so blessed, haha.

Eventual grades were;
Psychology - B
Sociology - B
History - C
Law (AS) - E
Philosophy (AS) - D

Just goes to show it's not all about grades and that stuff, must have been my outstanding personal statement that swayed it for me. *sarcasm* :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Imog
Well done! I'm confirmed for archaeology at Soton, I can't wait :smile:

Cool, you got your accommodation place yet??
Reply 1965
Original post by xMr_BrightSide
Philosophy and Theology :smile: And I got an A by one UMS! If you missed out by 1 UMS though you should definitely get a remark - it should come through in time for applications. And don't mention your results in the Personal Statment - your referee can do that (or mention any really good marks) in his reference.

Okay dokay! Thanks for the advice ! And congrats once again! :smile:
Reply 1966
Well, I was predicted AAB with ABB from AS, absolutely bombed my exams and ended up with BBC, so I missed my firm which was at Sussex. Luckily, I phoned up Glasgow and they still took me despite them asking for ABB, I feel so blessed, haha.

Eventual grades were;
Psychology - B
Sociology - B
History - C
Law (AS) - E
Philosophy (AS) - D

Just goes to show it's not all about grades and that stuff, must have been my outstanding personal statement that swayed it for me. *sarcasm* :wink:

Extra money

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1967
Not going to lie I am seriously depressed with my results...

Biology - A
Chemistry - B
Physics - B
History - B

I also got 10 A*s at GCSE

I have been predicted AAA

Do you think I have a chance at going to Imperial, UCL, Oxford or Cambridge to do medicine? Or have my chances been ruined by my bad AS results??
Original post by iambored

Biology - A
Chemistry - B
Physics - B
History - B

Do you think I have a chance at going to Imperial, UCL, Oxford or Cambridge to do medicine? Or have my chances been ruined by my bad AS results??

Hey there! I'd seriously drop Cambridge as they look at AS UMS from your most relevant three (bio, chem, physics) and they tend to look for 90%+. I'd also reconsider applying for all three of the remaining and choose one, or at the very very most two. This is because all three require the BMAT which you sit after applying and so it's quite a risk to your application.

If I were to pick 1, I'd choose Imperial because they don't discriminate on AS results. Oxford don't really have a policy on it, but we can assume they wouldn't let in people likely to miss their A*AA offer. UCL certainly do discriminate on AS results and while your are good and you still have a chance at UCL, I think in terms of your medicine application they'd disadvantage you more than Imperial. :smile:

I'm happy to help with any other queries about applying to medicine via inbox. :smile:

Biology - A
Chemistry - B
Physics - B
History - B

Hello :smile: Try this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2421623 - Cheer up!

Eventual grades were;
Psychology - B
Sociology - B
History - C
Law (AS) - E
Philosophy (AS) - D

haha well done anyway :biggrin:
Reply 1971
No more stress, no more ucas, no more refreshing, no more tsr A level threads....just going to chill till September .... feels good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1972
I was working so hard for these AS level. Was predicted a D or C in physics. But I got
A-maths 90%
A-psychology 88%
A-economics 81%
B-physics 75%
so so happy! Going to apply to LSE accounting and finance now
Original post by anyap
I was working so hard for these AS level. Was predicted a D or C in physics. But I got
A-maths 90%
A-psychology 88%
A-economics 81%
B-physics 75%
so so happy! Going to apply to LSE accounting and finance now

well done ..you must have just missed A* in maths :redface: what were your A2 Ums ?
Reply 1974
well done ..you must have just missed A* in maths :redface: what were your A2 Ums ?

I only did AS:smile:
Original post by anyap
I only did AS:smile:

oh yeah duhh it says so haha ...my bad :colondollar: Well done though
Reply 1976

Biology - A
Chemistry - B
Physics - B
History - B

Firstly I would think abut getting some remarks, but if not then apply to UCL, don't give up.

I got ABBB at As level in Bio chem Maths & Economics but applied to UCL (for Law), got an offer and made it (A*AA).

Just make sure all the other aspects of your application e.g. Personal statement & reference are excellent. keep motivated and work harder at A2 and you will make it.:smile:
I'm currently in year 11, and in my AS Maths result, i got:
Total ums - 204C
C1 - 70b
C2 - 61c
S1 - 73b
And I want to retake AS again, will university recognize that i retaken it and will it effect me finding a place in university?
Or is it advisable not to retake it again in year 12?
i just logged into resultsplusdirect and at the bottom of exam results page it says
there are units that are not cashed in yet

http://prntscr.com/1lft5w

I have finished a2's why arent they cashed in :s-smilie:
I just logged into the resultsplusdirect and at the bottom of the page it says there are units that are not cashed in yet althought ive finished a2's why is that

Latest