The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elixirs
:giggle: What other UCAS applicant is applying with 2 and a half tsr years up their sleeve, huh?!

:lol: probably a lot for medicine :rolleyes:
Original post by zed963
Well over the past few days I've focused on core 1. I've nearly finished it.

I'm doing differentiation at the moment and then I've got integration left.

I've learnt a few proofs. E.g how x^2=2x

And if you differentiate 2x^-2

you get -4x^-3

etc.

what exam board ? and my differentiation and integration are in C2 although I didn't cover them this year :frown:
Reply 3481
Original post by zed963
It'll be me in the next two years :tongue:

Ahahah, not too long then:giggle: me in a little over that!
Waa it's not fair, I've been keeping a watchful eye as non-member over tsr for 2 years:colone:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
It's 2 raw marks :smile:

Thanks a lot :smile: I'll resit C3

Yeah:smile:

Fair enough, are you doing M2 next year? Do you think FP1 or M2 will be trickier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zed963
Well to be honest I would list every possible grade that is on my name.
I don't want to hamper my chances by being dishonest. It doesn't give a good impression to the university guys.

Also I'd suggest you retake that and improve. A lot of people including myself weren't great at maths but we've always had that liking and a bit of ability so keep at it.

As regards to uni, is there anything in your mind that is making you say that Cambridge is the be all and end all?

If not then there are many other universities which will at the end of the day give you a degree which will in turn open doors for you into a good career.

Don't get your heart too set on Cambridge, it will be of no benefit to you.

:smile:

Okay, that's understandable. I might try and resit if I can but I'll see how things go.

Oh no, I'm sure there are many more great universities, but getting into Cambridge would be quite good. I'm considering Law and Cambridge is meant to be the best for Law... But we'll see. :smile:
Reply 3484
Never expecting a grade again :lol:

Grade boundaries aren't very useful because you can't predict your raw mark... I was around 20 marks off over all my A Level exams today :mmm:

C4 I got right
C3 I was 7 marks off
C2 I was 7 marks off
S1 I was 4 marks off

(all in the wrong direction:colonhash:)

HY1 I was 7 marks off again...

So 25 marks away from my predictions:tongue:

Moral. Don't get set on a grade until you get them :smile:

You've probably said this already plenty of times on this thread (sorry, i'm too lazy to backtrack:colondollar:) How did things turn out grade-wise?:smile:
Reply 3485
Hi there GCSE guys! I'm an AS student [who's very happy with his results] but I want to say, good luck to you all next week! Remember, whatever you get, you have got to hit the ground running next year, you may only be doing 3/4 subjects, but you're doing them in more depth, at a higher standard, so relax this summer, get prepared towards the end, and then work your a**es off!! :biggrin:
Reply 3486
Original post by techno836

what exam board ? and my differentiation and integration are in C2 although I didn't cover them this year :frown:

Edexcel
Reply 3487
Original post by zed963
Could be, I hope there's an increase rather than a decrease but we all that possibility of that happening is very slim.

I'm just hoping for the best.

Original post by Tibbz2
They're predicting slightly lower science grades, so it's a possibility :redface:

Great! :unimpressed:
Yh hope for the best, prepare for the worst! Good luck, less than a week! :eek:
Reply 3488
Original post by oyyoyy
Hi there GCSE guys! I'm an AS student [who's very happy with his results] but I want to say, good luck to you all next week! Remember, whatever you get, you have got to hit the ground running next year, you may only be doing 3/4 subjects, but you're doing them in more depth, at a higher standard, so relax this summer, get prepared towards the end, and then work your a**es off!! :biggrin:

Original post by Dalek1099
This is not true, my headteacher changed the timetables for Y10 to make sure we studied French and one of History/Geography- lots of teachers go on about how important it is and say that they have all been given special intervention abilities because of their importance.The English Baccalaureate will probably become as important as the 5A*-C including English and Maths and is seriously being considered to replace the 5A*-C including English and Maths due to grade inflation and you have 100% failed your GCSEs without 5A*-C including English and Maths.

It's good to have, won't really affect anything... I have all three, doesn't automatically make me more employable!

And I have an AS in History too, shall have a Geography A Level next year too, so I've taken it a step further, no more employability again its just good to have :biggrin:
Reply 3490
Original post by a123a
What exam were you on for A level maths? And what did you get in C3 and C4?

Edit: very well done, amazing results!
im really trying to neg Dalek after that comment! But it keeps on saying please rate other members before rating this member again. :angry:

Don't worry, I'll cover you, with a neg 5 times the power. :lol:
Original post by Red Fox
Fair enough, are you doing M2 next year? Do you think FP1 or M2 will be trickier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll do: FP1-3 M2 and S2 hopefully.

I don't like FP1, but it's probably easier.
Original post by elixirs
You've probably said this already plenty of times on this thread (sorry, i'm too lazy to backtrack:colondollar:) How did things turn out grade-wise?:smile:

An A in Maths (2 raw marks from an A*, gonna resit one module) and History was a B (one mark from an A overall :frown:)
Reply 3492
Original post by techno836

Hahahha, ooh a medic!
You will have a fun few years ahead of you then:colone:
Original post by Cluck
Did you not get your fsmq result today?
If it sucks, don't mention it.

I think I have to wait until the 22nd. But I'm not too fussed about it really, the teachers did refer to us as the "guinea pig class" when we were doing it because we were the first to do the FSMQ at our school and it kind of showed in the way they organised things, truth be told!
Reply 3494
It's good to have, won't really affect anything... I have all three, doesn't automatically make me more employable!

And I have an AS in History too, shall have a Geography A Level next year too, so I've taken it a step further, no more employability again its just good to have :biggrin:

Bang on.
Reply 3495
Original post by elixirs
Hahahha, ooh a medic!
You will have a fun few years ahead of you then:colone:

It's going to be worth it at the end.
Reply 3496
Original post by zed963
x^2=2x

There's a proof for that? :lolwut: :lol:
I'll do: FP1-3 M2 and S2 hopefully.

I don't like FP1, but it's probably easier.

An A in Maths (2 raw marks from an A*, gonna resit one module) and History was a B (one mark from an A overall :frown:)

Fair enough. Next June I'll be sitting C1 C2 M1 M2 FP1 S1 D1 and maybe S2 if I have the time to learn it but I don't wanna do too many modules. Then 2014 will be C3 C4 FP2 FP3.
Reply 3498

Agh, a few marks like that can be heartbreaking:frown:
That's probably best and since you were so close, you should be able to secure the A* (not to jinx anything:tongue:)
As for history, you can bring that up in another unit!

However, you still did really well and you only missed out on your expected grades by an inch!
Reply 3499
Original post by zed963
It's going to be worth it at the end.

I'm sure it will be, it's rewarding and opens up several careers paths. What career are you looking at?

Latest