The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Buongiorno
So just to let you know, I got it in, in the end! :biggrin: Missed out on the A* in maths by one UMS but boohoo, A* in English literature compensated that!

Awesome! Who cares about A levels anyway XD I got 91 in C4 and scraped an A*. I got A*AA haha. See you there :biggrin:
Reply 3521
Can't decided what I am more: ecstatic for my results or psyched for next year! :biggrin:

Entrance exams:

STEP I: S (104)
STEP II: S (100)
STEP III: 1 (79)

A-levels:

Mathematics: A*
Further Mathematics: A*
Additional Further Mathematics: A*
Physics: A*
English Language and Literature: A
Spanish: B
Critical Thinking (AS): a

...hence reaching my target of getting more A*s at A-level than at GCSE. **** the system! :biggrin: :lol:

Edit: Oh and, importantly, am going to Emmanuel! WOOOOO! Anyone else going to Emma? :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi everyone!

Managed to both dance with joy and collapse with relief at once when I got my results - A* A* A* a*, so I am comfortably in for Natural Sciences at Pembroke! :excited:
And I am so very, very excited :colondollar:

Congratulations to everyone else with good news and commiserations to those who haven't - you've all done fantastically to get here and will doubtless go to very good universities and do very well there :smile:
Reply 3523
Did anyone else get in without any A*s?
Reply 3524
Original post by Etoile
Did anyone else get in without any A*s?

Yes, have been accepted for geography on 3 A grades + an A in EPQ and A in Gen. Studs. :smile: Was 7 UMS of an A* in geography, 8 off in physics, and only got 73 in C4 so 17 off in maths.
Reply 3525
Original post by Kavanerd
Anyone for Jesus or music?

I've got a music place at Emma. Kind of seems like we're a dying breed though?
Reply 3526
Relieved and excited!! Nearly missed the offer so I guess I am just really lucky:smile:
Anyone going to Queens??
Reply 3527
Original post by Nemeviaa
Yes, have been accepted for geography on 3 A grades + an A in EPQ and A in Gen. Studs. :smile: Was 7 UMS of an A* in geography, 8 off in physics, and only got 73 in C4 so 17 off in maths.

Nice one! I was 2 ums off in German, so annoying! :five:
Reply 3528
I'm in the weirdest of situations. I'm an international student holding an offer for CompSci with Maths at Magdalene.I took the French Baccalaureate and was asked for : 16/20 overall score, 17/20 in Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Plus S and 1 in any order in STEPs II and III:s-smilie:(Seeing that I do not take the STEP syllabus as part of my studies at (my French)school, this was incredibly hard for me in any case,especially since I had so little time to cover the syllabus on my own). However, they did mention in my offer letter that should I fail to meet only the STEP part, they may consider me for CompSci with NatSci instead. Today, my STEP results were quite disappointing(77 in II(2), 45 in III(3)) (especially as I was so close to the upper score boundaries!) and I missed the STEP part of my offer. On the other hand, my French Baccalaureate grades were very much in excess of what they asked for (18.02 overall, 20/20 in Maths, 19 in Phys and Chem), so I wrote to my college, stating that I am open to a CompSci with NatSci course instead, should they not be able to relax the STEP condition. To make things worse, my college still hasn't contacted me. They only sent me an automated message telling me to send my UMS scores!!!!!! :angry:. Should I be comfortable knowing that my college has mentioned the CompSci with NatSci alternative (which does not require STEP anyway) in the offer letter and so it must be a concrete possibility? Or is there something else I must do? I can't even describe how stressed I am right now. Any advice would be very much appreciated. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ukdragon37
Congrats! Never any doubt... :tongue:

I'm humbled :smile: I've just got to decipher the finance pack Emma send :biggrin:
Reply 3530
Original post by RalphABB
I'm in the weirdest of situations. I'm an international student holding an offer for CompSci with Maths at Magdalene.I took the French Baccalaureate and was asked for : 16/20 overall score, 17/20 in Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Plus S and 1 in any order in STEPs II and III:s-smilie:(Seeing that I do not take the STEP syllabus as part of my studies at (my French)school, this was incredibly hard for me in any case,especially since I had so little time to cover the syllabus on my own). However, they did mention in my offer letter that should I fail to meet only the STEP part, they may consider me for CompSci with NatSci instead. Today, my STEP results were quite disappointing(77 in II(2), 45 in III(3)) (especially as I was so close to the upper score boundaries!) and I missed the STEP part of my offer. On the other hand, my French Baccalaureate grades were very much in excess of what they asked for (18.02 overall, 20/20 in Maths, 19 in Phys and Chem), so I wrote to my college, stating that I am open to a CompSci with NatSci course instead, should they not be able to relax the STEP condition. To make things worse, my college still hasn't contacted me. They only sent me an automated message telling me to send my UMS scores!!!!!! :angry:. Should I be comfortable knowing that my college has mentioned the CompSci with NatSci alternative (which does not require STEP anyway) in the offer letter and so it must be a concrete possibility? Or is there something else I must do? I can't even describe how stressed I am right now. Any advice would be very much appreciated. :smile:

I think you've just got to wait, really. Sorry - I don't think there's much else you can do (and harassing further probably wouldn't help!). If you haven't heard by Monday, give them a call.
Original post by sweetFA
I got 3 A* at A Level with 98%,96%,95% - and an S in maths STEP II (109 marks) - but had a shocker with a 3 (46 marks) in maths STEP III. I had offer at Trinity but the 3 means they have pooled me. What are the chances of getting an offer to read maths at another college do people think?

Wow... this is extremely similar to me with Trinity@Maths + pooled + S,3 in STEP...

I wish you the best luck for tomorrow.
Reply 3532
Original post by Llewellyn
Wow... this is extremely similar to me with Trinity@Maths + pooled + S,3 in STEP...

I wish you the best luck for tomorrow.

Spooky - Warwick beckons if the pool does not work - good luck to you too...
Original post by Etoile
Hey college buddy :tongue:

Hey! Congratulations :smile:
Original post by sweetFA
I got 3 A* at A Level with 98%,96%,95% - and an S in maths STEP II (109 marks) - but had a shocker with a 3 (46 marks) in maths STEP III. I had offer at Trinity but the 3 means they have pooled me. What are the chances of getting an offer to read maths at another college do people think?

Better than mine, to be sure. I feel my chances in the summer pool shrink with every post I read :s-smilie:
Reply 3535
Original post by Dark Lord of Mordor
Hey! Congratulations :smile:

You too! Have you heard anything from them?
Original post by RalphABB

Changing to Compsci without maths is definitely a thing potentially offered by almost all colleges to someone who missed their step offer. There's about 80 percent chance (I feel personally) that this happens. All you can do right now though is to wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3537
Original post by ukdragon37
Changing to Compsci without maths is definitely a thing potentially offered by almost all colleges to someone who missed their step offer. There's about 80 percent chance (I feel personally) that this happens. All you can do right now though is to wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks :smile: and thanks lp386 (oh and I meant nothing bad when I said they asked for UMS, it's just that this doesn't apply to my case(French Bac), which really bummed me out, especially as I was so anxious to know whether I'd earn a place, didn't meet any disrespect to anyone)
Original post by bananarama2
I got in! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Nicely done!

Original post by Lost And Confused
Hi everyone!

Managed to both dance with joy and collapse with relief at once when I got my results - A* A* A* a*, so I am comfortably in for Natural Sciences at Pembroke! :excited:
And I am so very, very excited :colondollar:

Congratulations to everyone else with good news and commiserations to those who haven't - you've all done fantastically to get here and will doubtless go to very good universities and do very well there :smile:

Woo, Pembroke! :woo: I've now finally joined one of the Fresher groups. :colone:

Is the smaller a* an EPQ?
Original post by DJMayes
Nicely done!

You out did me in all your UMS :l

Latest

Trending

Trending