University of the West of Scotland

UWS 2013 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cchendry
I just got confirmed yesterday for Law and Business

Yay! Pleased I have found someone else going my course :smile:
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland
Hi guys, I'm studying applied bioscience and zoology at Paisley! Though panic has reached pretty high levels and not sure when I should move into halls :/
Reply 102
I'm also studying social sciences at Paisley, and I'm really nervous! Glad there's some others not living in halls as I'm commuting too.
Original post by Katbontemps
Hi guys, I'm studying applied bioscience and zoology at Paisley! Though panic has reached pretty high levels and not sure when I should move into halls :/

Hi! I think I'm moving in around the 10th or 11th! But I know a few people who are moving in straight away on the 1st! What halls are you in?
Original post by caitlinl
I'm also studying social sciences at Paisley, and I'm really nervous! Glad there's some others not living in halls as I'm commuting too.

Hey, I'm doing the same course as you and commuting. See you there!
Where about are you commuting from?
I'm waiting to hear back for a clearing place in Human Resource Management. Not too hopeful as I applied straight to the university last week so am assuming all the UCAS clearing applicants will get first priority. Here's hoping tho, been checking my email every five minutes since last Thursday lol.
Original post by sjmckernan1
I'm waiting to hear back for a clearing place in Human Resource Management. Not too hopeful as I applied straight to the university last week so am assuming all the UCAS clearing applicants will get first priority. Here's hoping tho, been checking my email every five minutes since last Thursday lol.

Hey! I just found out about my course change today and I did it through the uni! I didn't receive an email, my track just changed itself! Try your track and see if anything has changed!!
Original post by eilidhgaughan
Hey! I just found out about my course change today and I did it through the uni! I didn't receive an email, my track just changed itself! Try your track and see if anything has changed!!

UCAS Track? I didn't apply through UCAS. Otherwise, how do I get onto it lol?
Reply 108

I'm doing that course too! Have you gotten any information packs or anything yet? I have no idea what's going on with anything so I'm just sort of hoping it all works out...
Original post by eilidhgaughan
Hi! I think I'm moving in around the 10th or 11th! But I know a few people who are moving in straight away on the 1st! What halls are you in?

I'm in storie street :smile: I'm thinking about moving in around the 5th now because I have absolutely no sense of direction and then I will have lots of time to find where everything is.
Original post by nicolakc
I'm doing that course too! Have you gotten any information packs or anything yet? I have no idea what's going on with anything so I'm just sort of hoping it all works out...

Haha yeah me too
I got what I guess is the welcome pack? Basically the booklets 'guide for new students' and the letter confirming my place but nothing related to the specific course
I'm in storie street :smile: I'm thinking about moving in around the 5th now because I have absolutely no sense of direction and then I will have lots of time to find where everything is.

Oh me too! What block/flat are you in? Yeah I don't know paisley at all!
Original post by sjmckernan1
UCAS Track? I didn't apply through UCAS. Otherwise, how do I get onto it lol?

Oh you didn't do ucas at all? Hmm, I'd just phone the admissions line then. They don't seem to email back very often!
Reply 113
Haha yeah me too
I got what I guess is the welcome pack? Basically the booklets 'guide for new students' and the letter confirming my place but nothing related to the specific course

You get all the relevant information at the meeting you have to attend in freshers week.

Course specifics:
Everyone does 6 modules a year (20 credits each to make 120 credits a year)
For Applied Bioscience and Zoology (and every other biology course) in 1st year, you need to study 2 biology modules (Cells and Molecules + Biodiversity) and a horrible PDP-focused module call Scientific Investigation. The other 3 can be chosen from any other science offered: Chemistry (2 modules), Physics (2 modules), Forensics (1 module), psychology (1 module), Maths (2 modules) and Dealing with Data (maths for those with only Standard Grade). Chemistry is strongly recommended.

Heres the link to the Programme Specification & Module Descriptors: http://psmd.uws.ac.uk/Default.aspx

FYI, I did 1st year Physics at UWS last in 2012-2013.
Why isn't there a Facebook page for students starting first year in September? There's seems to be one for every other university!!
Reply 115
Original post by Lucyintheskies
I have a conditional for the course! Same if I'm honest, but the uni itself makes up for it being Ayr for me. Are you staying in halls?

I've got an unconditional to the Contemporary Screen Acting course at Ayr this September! Got your Halls yet?
Reply 116
Original post by WaterWillow15
Starting to get a bit worried. Haven't heard of anyone doing the same course as me at UWS this September. I went to the open day as well and I was the only one there fir my course. Surely there must be other people in it or it would be cancelled, right?

What course are you doing?
Reply 117
Anyone else doing Contemporary Screen Acting at Ayr this September? I haven't heard anyone else doing yet as of yet haha!
Reply 118
Original post by ConorWilson
Hey, I'm doing the same course as you and commuting. See you there!
Where about are you commuting from?

Yay! I'm about 40 mins away in the car, so it's kinda far but it should be okay if we're only in a few days a week. What about you? :smile:
Original post by caitlinl
Yay! I'm about 40 mins away in the car, so it's kinda far but it should be okay if we're only in a few days a week. What about you? :smile:

That's not bad, I'm from Coatbridge and going by train so it takes me anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and ten-ish. I'm really looking forward to it now! Although getting nervous already...

Quick Reply

Latest