The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Wait, those aren't A Level just maths modules:

C1, C2, C3, C4 and two of S1/2 M1/2 (both applied or S1 and M1 combo)

You need 180/200 from C3 and C4. And 480/600 overall.
I know that C3 and C4 can't make up a maths A-level on their own.:tongue:
Right, so, 90% on C3 and C4 and retake M1, C2 and possibly C1 to ensure 80% on those...

Hey, it'll only eliminate all my free time for a year!
Original post by thatitootoo
Augezeichnet! Always believe in your inner German :wink:

:grin: Tootoo

Was ist "Augezeichnet" auf Englisch?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Octopus_Garden
Sounds like an appropriate age.
#SomeSchoolsAreDoingItCorrectly

Year eight were also just starting accusative

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know that C3 and C4 can't make up a maths A-level on their own.:tongue:
Right, so, 90% on C3 and C4 and retake M1, C2 and possibly C1 to ensure 80% on those...

Hey, it'll only eliminate all my free time for a year!

I meant you couldn't have S1 S2 M1 M2 C3 C4 as an A Level :tongue:
I meant you couldn't have S1 S2 M1 M2 C3 C4 as an A Level :tongue:

Are you sure about 480/600 (including 180) from C3 and C4) for an A*?

That means you only need 300 from the other four units, and I'm already at 299 according to my old certificates!
(edited 10 years ago)
Are you sure about 480/600 for an A*?

I got 537 and still not an A*:tongue:

As long as it is above 480 and you have 180+/200 from C3/4 its an A*
Original post by tess_rach

He meant "Ausgezeichnet" I believe, it means excellent or outstanding.

----

Glad I found this thread, I speak English, French and German, I wish to learn another language which isn't Italian (which I know enough of but don't use it :lol:) or Russian (I've learnt what I need to learn for the OH), I looked at Norwegian and Swedish in the past but I understand that Norwegian is closer to English, is this true? If it is, any suggestions of materials? :biggrin:
I got 537 and still not an A*:tongue:

As long as it is above 480 and you have 180+/200 from C3/4 its an A*
In that case, I can totally ignore retaking Mechanics! :lolwut:
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
I wouldn't say it's because of the novelty...more the fact that I am just fascinated by languages. If I had the time I would love to learn at least a little of most of the languages of Europe. Polish, Greek, Italian and Norwegian are definitely on my list. I'd rather not study too many at once without first building a good language core otherwise it would just cause problems.

That's very sensible :biggrin: my knowledge of Polish doesn't go beyond swear words...Norwegian is on my list too

Original post by tehFrance

----

Glad I found this thread, I speak English, French and German, I wish to learn another language which isn't Italian (which I know enough of but don't use it :lol:) or Russian (I've learnt what I need to learn for the OH), I looked at Norwegian and Swedish in the past but I understand that Norwegian is closer to English, is this true? If it is, any suggestions of materials? :biggrin:

Dankeschön

Posted from TSR Mobile
In that case, I can totally ignore retaking Mechanics! :lolwut:

I assume your board is Edexcel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ausgezeichnet! I blame my small iPod keyboard:tongue:

Reply 6132
Original post by tehFrance

----

Unfortunately I don't think anyone here knows Norwegian :biggrin:, although quite a few have expressed an interest in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AquisM
Unfortunately I don't think anyone here knows Norwegian :biggrin:, although quite a few have expressed an interest in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ronove could easily master Norwegian though...written Danish and Bokmal Norwegian are mutually intelligible :tongue:

Reply 6134
Ronove could easily master Norwegian though...written Danish and Bokmal Norwegian are mutually intelligible :tongue:

Ah true, forgot that we had a Danish expert in the house. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I assume your board is Edexcel?
AQA
Dankeschön

Bitteschön :h:
Original post by AquisM

Ah really? Damn :lol: I just read a couple of articles in Norwegian and I seem to be able to get the jist of things so I may go with it rather than Swedish although I keep going to Stockholm but Norwegian is apparently easier to learn if you know English and German... so confusing :lol:

Has Ronove been around lately?
AQA

Yah, thats fine
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
Has Ronove been around lately?

She's not graced the thread this week! I feel a little bit lost without her </3 :frown: RONEYYYY

Latest

Trending

Trending