The Student Room Group

Official C4 Exam Discussion WJEC - 13/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by hotdoginroll
Ive got A* . 97 in c4 and 83 in c3. I feel so lucky!!!

I got 83 in C3 too :five:

I needed two more raw marks across C3+4 :frown: :emo:

Well done though!!!:biggrin: good stuff
Original post by L'Evil Fish
How did everyone do? I got 93, but my C3 was terrible...

What was your raw mark prediction for C4? I thought it was a bit higher than 61? I also remember how envious I was that you understood part of THAT vectors 8 marker!! I just didn't have a clue what they were asking me for, and, while I knew the boundaries would be low, I thought my A* was at risk. Thankfully I got it.

Well done on your grades pal, keep setting high standards for yourself and you'll go far.
Reply 22
Original post by MikeySwansea
What was your raw mark prediction for C4? I thought it was a bit higher than 61? I also remember how envious I was that you understood part of THAT vectors 8 marker!! I just didn't have a clue what they were asking me for, and, while I knew the boundaries would be low, I thought my A* was at risk. Thankfully I got it.

Well done on your grades pal, keep setting high standards for yourself and you'll go far.

At the end between 61-65... So upset that if I had the 65 it'd have been full UMS and an A*!

Well done :biggrin: that's awesome!:biggrin:

Gonna resit C3... I thought I had 71/72... Turns out I had 64:eek:
Reply 23
How did everyone do? I got 93, but my C3 was terrible...

Hi, what did you get in Maths overall? :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by SiMan
Hi, what did you get in Maths overall? :smile:

An A... C3:emo:
At the end between 61-65... So upset that if I had the 65 it'd have been full UMS and an A*!

Well done :biggrin: that's awesome!:biggrin:

Gonna resit C3... I thought I had 71/72... Turns out I had 64:eek:

You must have thought you had the A* sown up after seeing the grade boundaries; that is, if you saw them before you got your results? I've been meaning to ask, what the deal is with January exams for Welsh students - have they stopped as well?

Are you going to view either of your scripts? I always take a couple of marks off of my predictions to accommodate arithmetical errors, but 64 down from 71/72 may be worth a look?
Reply 26
An A... C3:emo:

Congratulations. You can always resit. :smile:
Reply 27
You must have thought you had the A* sown up after seeing the grade boundaries; that is, if you saw them before you got your results? I've been meaning to ask, what the deal is with January exams for Welsh students - have they stopped as well?

Are you going to view either of your scripts? I always take a couple of marks off of my predictions to accommodate arithmetical errors, but 64 down from 71/72 may be worth a look?

I looked at them and thought I had an A* :redface: because I knew I hadn't dropped below 60 in C4. And C3 I thought I did well :erm:

They have, but I was under the impression (and still am) there's a last resit for A2 students this year... For Welsh people on WJEC.

I'll just resit in (hopefully) January.

Original post by SiMan
Congratulations. You can always resit. :smile:

I will.
I some how got 100 in both c3 and c4. Still can't believe it after that c4 paper. :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Lizard cream
I some how got 100 in both c3 and c4. Still can't believe it after that c4 paper. :smile:

Wow!
C3: 74+/75 = 100 UMS
C4: 65+/75 = 100 UMS

Well done :smile:
Wow!
C3: 74+/75 = 100 UMS
C4: 65+/75 = 100 UMS

Well done :smile:

Thanks. Good luck in continuing your A levels next year. :smile:
Reply 31
Thanks. Good luck in continuing your A levels next year. :smile:

And the C3 exam :lol:

Don't know what went wrong :colondollar: awkward...

Nice one!

I also had the shock of getting 100 in C4 today. Until seeing the low grade boundaries this morning, I was worried about not getting the 83 I needed for an A* :tongue:

Heading to University?
Nice one!

I also had the shock of getting 100 in C4 today. Until seeing the low grade boundaries this morning, I was worried about not getting the 83 I needed for an A* :tongue:

Heading to University?

Well done. Yea the grade boundries were a bit of a relief this morning.
Yea I'm of to imperial college now. You going to uni? :smile:
Reply 34
Well done. Yea the grade boundries were a bit of a relief this morning.
Yea I'm of to imperial college now. You going to uni? :smile:

Any tips for C3? I have NO clue where I went wrong :lol:
Any tips for C3? I have NO clue where I went wrong :lol:

Honestly it's just do the past papers a million times each. I managed to get papers from the old syllabus so the they were helpful. They were harder questions so helped my problem solving a bit more. I'm sure you'll get 100 the next time. Again good luck. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Pretty chuffed to get 100 in C4 - I got 99 in M1 as usual (I think I got 99% in every past paper/homework for M1 :laugh:).

I did Maths to A2 (C3, C4, M1) and Further Maths to AS (FP1, FP2, M2), and for some reason, M2 is counted towards my Maths A2 while M1 counts for FM. Not a big deal, but it was weird.
Reply 37
Honestly it's just do the past papers a million times each. I managed to get papers from the old syllabus so the they were helpful. They were harder questions so helped my problem solving a bit more. I'm sure you'll get 100 the next time. Again good luck. :smile:

Do you know where I could get a mark scheme for June 2013? So I can get a photocopy of my paper and check against it?
Do you know where I could get a mark scheme for June 2013? So I can get a photocopy of my paper and check against it?

I don't sorry. Maybe ask your teachers if they have access to one online? :smile:
Reply 39
I don't sorry. Maybe ask your teachers if they have access to one online? :smile:

I don't have teachers or contacts with them :frown: :sigh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending