The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucky260
I reckon, when the GCSE results are ready (they surely can't still be mucking about with them now...), the exam boards should send out a survey. If the majority of GCSE-ers want their results NOW (as opposed to never), results day gets moved forward (preferably by at least a month ^_^). That would be excellent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think results should be given as soon as every exam has been checked and made sure it's marked correctly, I'd be surprised if they're still doing it now :'3
I just want to get my results, worked hard for months and then we have to wait so long to get them! I've done like nothing this summer, I'd like to at least know if I have a sixth form to go to next year D:
So yeah I totally agree with you!
Original post by techno836
yeah I think I saw that thread :smile:

and yeah paediatrics I think :smile: (Shadab/fishy don't you bother :wink: )

Wow, that must be the dream job for you! If I were to do medicine, I would have loved to have gone into that :smile:
Reply 3662
Original post by Okkefac
I think results should be given as soon as every exam has been checked and made sure it's marked correctly, I'd be surprised if they're still doing it now :'3
I just want to get my results, worked hard for months and then we have to wait so long to get them! I've done like nothing this summer, I'd like to at least know if I have a sixth form to go to next year D:
So yeah I totally agree with you!

Imagine the examiners sunbathing (in the... ahem... lovely weather) until the week before - "OH FLIP, I've got work to do!" It's annoying that we have to get all the results at the same time, with some exams in mid-May and others in late June. If they can do it in two months for one exam, why not for all of them? =P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Techno likes kiddies :mmm:
Original post by overthelove
Wow, that must be the dream job for you! If I were to do medicine, I would have loved to have gone into that :smile:

it is :smile: ..but it also allows me a contingency plan of being a teacher ( as those who can't do teach :wink: and those who can't teach teach PE )

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Techno likes kiddies :mmm:

you are an evil fish :wink: :colone: :lol:
Original post by Lucky260
Imagine the examiners sunbathing (in the... ahem... lovely weather) until the week before - "OH FLIP, I've got work to do!" It's annoying that we have to get all the results at the same time, with some exams in mid-May and others in late June. If they can do it in two months for one exam, why not for all of them? =P

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm laughing so much, that's the most awesome mental image ever! XD.
Yeah! We did our art exam and coursework in April and our teachers knew our grades since they mark it themselves but they still couldn't tell us D: It's sooo frustrating! I want to know my science results~ and they make GCSE results take the longest to give out, so... >.> Only a week left though.
:erm:

I'm in Year Eleven haha!

They were actually some year eleven and year twelves ;o

Oh wow, haha, sure :smile:

Sorry, didn't realise you were. Are you awaiting any GCSE results or have you taken them all early? :hmmm:
Year 11's or 12's-they were still probably jealous that their mental capacity is not on par with yours
And I'll hold you to that- I see your 'sure' as a promise, an unbreakable vow. If I don't chicken out of taking Maths in the first 2 weeks, you'll be bombarded with lots of PM's from me. Or if you'll lucky, I'll drop Maths and you'll never hear from me again :ciao:
Original post by EvasiveRose
Sorry, didn't realise you were. Are you awaiting any GCSE results or have you taken them all early? :hmmm:
Year 11's or 12's-they were still probably jealous that their mental capacity is not on par with yours
And I'll hold you to that- I see your 'sure' as a promise, an unbreakable vow. If I don't chicken out of taking Maths in the first 2 weeks, you'll be bombarded with lots of PM's from me. Or if you'll lucky, I'll drop Maths and you'll never hear from me again :ciao:

Awaiting 11 of them :smile:

:mmm:

Haha, if you get annoying I end up ignoring people.... :erm: so dw, I'll help for at least a while :colone:
Reply 3668
Original post by PythianLegume
4 A*s :colone:

One-upmanship ftw!

:nothing: Bitch. :lol:

Congratulations! :biggrin:

Shame you're going to a worse uni though :teehee:
Reply 3669
Original post by Red Fox
Anyone else looking to do a Natural Science course at University?

Maybe, it's between that and maths at the moment.
Awaiting 11 of them :smile:

:mmm:

Haha, if you get annoying I end up ignoring people.... :erm: so dw, I'll help for at least a while :colone:

Well, Good Luck to you and everyone else :biggrin:
And that's not very nice :cry:. Now, if you do end up ignoring me people will know I was being annoying. My 1+ reputation will be in tatters
Originally I thought I did well but the more I think about the exams the more I can see I could have lost marks on- slowly starting to freak out !
Hmm has anyone prepared themselves for starting their AS level courses in September. I am unsure whether or not to. I would like to have a head-start but don't want to lose motivation when I go back and am sitting in lessons bored?
Original post by Dalek1099
Cambridge are well known to look at UMS marks and considering a grade B is the average grade at A-Level anything below an A is a fail and if those As had low UMS then they wouldn't be anything special because they would indicate that the person wouldn't get A*s in those subjects at A2 and no A*s at A-Level=nothing special still good results though but nothing special, so I'd need the UMS to check whether these truly were exceptional or great results.I'd be disappointed if I get less than 90% UMS in Maths and Further Maths AS next year.Although, I'd be fine with an A in Physics and Computing.

Just to pick you up on a point, if you look at most examiner reports you'll find the mean mark falls within the D grade boundary.
Original post by Ambulare
Hmm has anyone prepared themselves for starting their AS level courses in September. I am unsure whether or not to. I would like to have a head-start but don't want to lose motivation when I go back and am sitting in lessons bored?

yes I have started some and will start the others after results day :biggrin:
Original post by techno836
yes I have started some and will start the others after results day :biggrin:

ahh cool, what subjects are you doing at AS?
Original post by EvasiveRose
Well, Good Luck to you and everyone else :biggrin:
And that's not very nice :cry:. Now, if you do end up ignoring me people will know I was being annoying. My 1+ reputation will be in tatters

:teehee: if you're well spoken, not creepy, explain your questions well I won't ignore you:redface:
ahh cool, what subjects are you doing at AS?

Maths biology chemistry and physics :smile:
When does everyone go back to school? 9th September for me and honestly, I can't wait:reindeer:
Reply 3679

I'm doing some maths and physics this summer. I'm also doing a ton of history reading and documentary watching, although I'm not sure that counts :colondollar:

Latest