The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7440
I'll miss Bartoli! One of the WTA's best characters.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7441
If Federer somehow scrapes past Haas, he is getting absolutely dismantled by Nadal.
This is absolute crap from Federer. Some of these misses are cringe inducing, surely can't get any worse
This is quite painful to watch :/
Will really miss Bartoli, always enjoyed listening to her interviews, although I suspect this was very heat of the moment so she may be back after a break possibly.

As for Federer.........WTF? I had him picked to reach the semis:frown:
Reply 7445
Original post by Andy Ftw
This is quite painful to watch :/

It really is. Sad to see the demise of arguably the greatest of all time. His losses don't even surprise me anymore, it's become that bad. Can't see the downward curve changing anytime soon.

Just as i say that, Federer breaks to level in the 2nd set :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by DH1'
It really is. Sad to see the demise of arguably the greatest of all time. His losses don't even surprise me anymore, it's become that bad. Can't see the downward curve changing anytime soon.

Just as i say that, Federer breaks to level in the 2nd set :smile:

Yeah, exactly that. We've been used to him at the top for so long, always sad to see a great start to struggle later in their career but 5-4 back on serve :smile: Then again Haas is 35 himself, all credit to him as well! Can't help but like him.
Reply 7447
Federer doing this by purpose to maintain H2H?
Reply 7448
Original post by ubi1

Of course. That is all he and anyone cares about.
Reply 7449
Original post by ubi1

A Nadal fan shouldn't be saying this. In Fed's prime, he made it to the finals of all the clay tournaments to face Nadal, whereas Nadal was ducking out by losing to mugs like Youzhny, Blake, Gonzo on faster HC tournaments to preserve his H2H against Roger. Federer is not a coward, but Rafa definitely is. He fights his battles like a man unlike a certain Spaniard.
(edited 10 years ago)
Woah guys, let's not be too hasty here. He actually won the match (although the chances of him winning the next match are very slim).
Reply 7451
Original post by Krish4791
Woah guys, let's not be too hasty here. He actually won the match (although the chances of him winning the next match are very slim).

Baby Fed vs Fed has it ever happened before or would it be the first time.
Reply 7452
Federer so low in confidence.
Original post by ubi1
Baby Fed vs Fed has it ever happened before or would it be the first time.

Would be the first ever time - Dimitrov has played Nadal, Murray and Djokovic. Federer is the only one left to play, but to even meet Roger he has to beat Nadal (not happening)
Murray looking strong against Benneteau. Cincy is playing a fair bit faster than Montreal was and it suits his game.
Original post by Krish4791
Would be the first ever time - Dimitrov has played Nadal, Murray and Djokovic. Federer is the only one left to play, but to even meet Roger he has to beat Nadal (not happening)

I don't think it's out of the question considering that he pushed Nadal all the way at Monte Carlo. Well, at least I hope so. I don't relish the opportunity to see the old man get another whipping from Nadal.
Original post by Ashnard
I don't think it's out of the question considering that he pushed Nadal all the way at Monte Carlo. Well, at least I hope so. I don't relish the opportunity to see the old man get another whipping from Nadal.

There is a possibility Nadal could have a really off-day
Anyone else feel that Bartoli's retirement seems a little premature? She's cited injuries as her major reason for calling it a day but so soon after winning Wimbledon, this is a real loss to the women's game. I'd have liked to see her make this decision at the end of the season. Biggest surprise since Henin retired first time in 2008.
Original post by kbountra
Anyone else feel that Bartoli's retirement seems a little premature? She's cited injuries as her major reason for calling it a day but so soon after winning Wimbledon, this is a real loss to the women's game. I'd have liked to see her make this decision at the end of the season. Biggest surprise since Henin retired first time in 2008.

It is a real shame, but Bartoli has been a great example of perseverance over the last several years, and who knows, she may well be back if she feels that she's retiring prematurely.
Bartoli was one hell of a shock. Wouldn't surprise me if she does a U-turn sooner or later.

Baby Fed vs. Fed will only happen if Nadal's knee plays up. Not likely.