The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3680
Guys, who got their OCR Additional Maths FSMQ result today?!

I have to wait until next week for mine!

Grade boundaries are too high :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by techno836
Maths biology chemistry and physics :smile:

aha good luck with them!

Slightly anxious about the results of a few of my GCSEs which ruins the excitement for the others meh.
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could have went in to get them but I'd rather wait after seeing the boundaries, I'm not expecting good news.
Original post by Red Fox
When does everyone go back to school? 9th September for me and honestly, I can't wait:reindeer:

3rd :eek: :O I can't wait either :biggrin:

Original post by Ambulare
aha good luck with them!

Slightly anxious about the results of a few of my GCSEs which ruins the excitement for the others meh.

ahh im nervous about my English lit :s-smilie: and may maths stat's slightly :s-smilie: what AS's you taking?
Original post by Cluck
Maybe, it's between that and maths at the moment.

Which Universities are you looking at that. I would love to go to Cambridge. But UCL seems more realistic maybe Nottingham.
Are all grade boundraes coming out the day before results or is that no true ?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes I have started some and will start the others after results day :biggrin:

I have a gazillion bridging essays (pieces of writing, not really essays, but it sounds like more if I say essays) to do, and I've left most of it until the last three weeks - well done me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3687
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did, the agreed to email me them (yr 11s aren't allowed in to A level results day) because I had 2 other ASs, which I am very grateful for because I didn't want to wait any longer!

I know I screwed up one of the big questions but somehow still got an A :colondollar:
3rd :eek: :O I can't wait either :biggrin:

Not fair, you get a 6 day head start. The rest of my school starts on the 4th but Year 12 is on the 9th.
Original post by Vashappeninkira

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, they will.
What exam board did you do English Lit with? Wasn't too confident with coursework and exams didn't go very well so it's not looking good for me either (sure you will do fine though).

For AS I'm taking Maths, English (lang & lit as the combined course), History and Business Studies (I am doing this on a distance learning course).
Original post by Red Fox
Not fair, you get a 6 day head start. The rest of my school starts on the 4th but Year 12 is on the 9th.

At my school, years 7, 12 and 13 go back on the 3rd and everyone else goes back on the 4th :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tess_rach
I have a gazillion bridging essays (pieces of writing, not really essays, but it sounds like more if I say essays) to do, and I've left most of it until the last three weeks - well done me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would have done the same :lol:

Original post by Vashappeninkira

Posted from TSR Mobile

except WJEC usually, they usually come out on results day :smile:

Original post by Red Fox

haha I guess :wink:
Original post by tess_rach
At my school, years 7, 12 and 13 go back on the 3rd and everyone else goes back on the 4th :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

12 week holiday and I'm sick of it now. There is only so much football you can play. There are only so many new movies you can watch. There is only so much money you can spend. I just wanna go back to the normal routine now.
Original post by Molly_xox
You'll only regret applying for French if you don't enjoy French :smile: I'm going to google it, but don't you need Chemistry for degrees like Veterinary Science? :confused:

I'm taking:
Chemistry
Philosophy and Ethics
Spanish
Biology or French

I'm not sure what I want to do, so doing what I enjoy and seeing what it brings me :smile:

I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths, English Literature. Rock solid.
Anyone who did WJEC English Literature what is the usual boundary for an A* in the coursework. I can't seem to find it on their website. I need 42+ UMS, what mark, roughly, will I need.
hmmm no medical work experience yet ..but I have 3 months voluntary in a primary school working with SEN children :smile: and I have 8 months voluntary at a care home :smile: (8 months today actually :lol: )

Sorry I know you posted this a while ago but I was just wondering how you managed to volunteer in a school? Like, did you do it during term time and if so, how? Sorry this probably sounds like a stupid question but it's something I'm interested in doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox
12 week holiday and I'm sick of it now. There is only so much football you can play. There are only so many new movies you can watch. There is only so much money you can spend. I just wanna go back to the normal routine now.

That's true (although I don't play football :wink:), but my sister will be in year 8 so gets an extra day off - I suppose it counters the month and I half I had off when she was still at school!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox

Agree with you so much here! It is nice to have a break, but it has been too long especially without a job. Also I know I'll have probably quite a busy and stressful two years ahead of me so I'd rather get my head into it asap, then hopefully keep on top of it.
Reply 3699
Original post by Red Fox
Which Universities are you looking at that. I would love to go to Cambridge. But UCL seems more realistic maybe Nottingham.

Cambridge is the dream but is unrealistic, and nothing in London because I'm not a fan of a city that big, so I'm thinking Bath, Warwick or Durham.

Latest