The Student Room Group

AEA Mathematics 25/06 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by brittanna
But you still got into warwick which is what matters :tongue:.

I got 3 A*'s and an A in Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics.
I got a distinction in AEA :biggrin: and so I got into Warwick :biggrin:. I'll see you there!

Yeah, it will be good to see you! It will be nice to put a face to the name Brittanna.
What accommodation did you apply to?
Reply 321
Original post by MathsNerd1
Well I'm going into the integrated masters course so I've still got a PhD to go somewhere else but I'm not too sure I'll actually want to do one after 4 years, I'll just be the very best at Nottingham :tongue:

Does that mean you couldn't ask to get your bachelors third year, then be let go to do a master's somewhere else?

Ehehehe you can be I'm sure! It's a very beautiful Campus I must say, I'm a tad jealous at it's beauty.
Original post by jarasta
Does that mean you couldn't ask to get your bachelors third year, then be let go to do a master's somewhere else?

Ehehehe you can be I'm sure! It's a very beautiful Campus I must say, I'm a tad jealous at it's beauty.

I'm not sure, I just thought it meant do the 4 full years at that university but I'll ask into it and I'm quite jealous that I'm not going to Warwick as that just seems a better option :biggrin:
Original post by jarasta
Yeah, it will be good to see you! It will be nice to put a face to the name Brittanna.
What accommodation did you apply to?

It's from Glee :colondollar:. I'm not really that sad. Actually, ignore that. I am.

I applied for Westwood and Heronbank as my top 2. You?
I wish I could remember my accommodation preferences, I did it in a hurry as I was on holiday and I realised I was going to miss the deadline! I had Cryfield first, then a few ensuite ones after that?
Reply 325
Original post by brittanna
It's from Glee :colondollar:. I'm not really that sad. Actually, ignore that. I am.

I applied for Westwood and Heronbank as my top 2. You?

Rootes then West wood, 1st and 2nd respectively.
I've never seen Glee, but its fine to be sad about certain thing as you will come to know if we get to know each other. So I won't judge :tongue:
Reply 326
Original post by Math-Magician
I wish I could remember my accommodation preferences, I did it in a hurry as I was on holiday and I realised I was going to miss the deadline! I had Cryfield first, then a few ensuite ones after that?

If you search for the accommodation confirmation e-mail the list should be there.
Reply 327
I'm not sure, I just thought it meant do the 4 full years at that university but I'll ask into it and I'm quite jealous that I'm not going to Warwick as that just seems a better option :biggrin:

Ehe I can relate with the feeling of jealousy. All my friends are going to Imperial dang them :tongue:. So I feel jealous in that sense because I'm left a lone and part of me wouldn't mind Imperial. But Warwick Maths trumps Imperial :wink:
Original post by jarasta
Ehe I can relate with the feeling of jealousy. All my friends are going to Imperial dang them :tongue:. So I feel jealous in that sense because I'm left a lone and part of me wouldn't mind Imperial. But Warwick Maths trumps Imperial :wink:

I'm not sure that I'd want to study in London to be honest; its too big, noisy and expensive! Probably good fun though.

For Mathsnerd1, at least Nottingham is still a campus university with a very good maths department so the experience should be quite similar to Warwick - my insurance was Edinburgh, and whilst I would probably have loved it there anyway it is completely different to Warwick so I wasn't really psyched up for it! Plus Scotland would have been a year longer.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jarasta

Yeah I'd rather go to Warwick than Imperial any day :tongue: You go show Warwick what you're made of next year! :biggrin:

For Mathsnerd1, at least Nottingham is still a campus university with a very good maths department so the experience should be quite similar to Warwick - my insurance was Edinburgh, and whilst I would probably have loved it there anyway it is completely different to Warwick so I wasn't really psyched up for it! Plus Scotland would have been a year longer.

That's very true but there's just a lot of hills everywhere and I'm not a big fan of exercise so it'll be hard for me to adjust, I'm hoping I get the accommodation that is right beside the university so I don't have to walk too far :tongue:
Reply 331
Original post by jarasta

No it doesn't

Spoiler

Original post by shamika
No it doesn't

Spoiler

I disagree.

Spoiler

Reply 333
I'm not sure that I'd want to study in London to be honest; its too big, noisy and expensive! Probably good fun though.

Yeah I do find London quite appealing, it has nifty places like China town that I like. The clubbing is probably good, but I'm not much of a clubber anway, so Warwick's stuff will be more than enough!
I like London, hence my insurance was UCL. I'm not a big fan of Coventry, like Lemington though, so its a good thing Warwick is a bubble!
Reply 334
Original post by shamika
No it doesn't

Spoiler

Yes it does!

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 335
Yeah I'd rather go to Warwick than Imperial any day :tongue: You go show Warwick what you're made of next year! :biggrin:

Thank you! I will! I can't wait for the maths and assignments! Starting a new school year is always fun.
Original post by jarasta
Thank you! I will! I can't wait for the maths and assignments! Starting a new school year is always fun.

You'll have to let me know how you get on :biggrin: And yeah I agree however I've got too many things to sort out and buy before I begin in 5 weeks time, oh joy.
Reply 337
You'll have to let me know how you get on :biggrin: And yeah I agree however I've got too many things to sort out and buy before I begin in 5 weeks time, oh joy.

Yh same, need to open my bank account tomorrow, finalise sf, order my provisional license for ID purposes. But new clothes and book and omg. Not enough time!!
Original post by jarasta
Yh same, need to open my bank account tomorrow, finalise sf, order my provisional license for ID purposes. But new clothes and book and omg. Not enough time!!

I've got a week less to do all that and buy all the other stuff for living too :redface: I'm going to running around like a madman for the next few weeks spending too much money overall! :-/
Reply 339
I've got a week less to do all that and buy all the other stuff for living too :redface: I'm going to running around like a madman for the next few weeks spending too much money overall! :-/

You start earlier at Nottingham? I wouldn't mind starting early if I was prepared :colondollar:. I just can't wait to start!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending