The Student Room Group

Healthcare Science then Graduate Entry Medicine?

I was wondering if it's possible to do BSc Healthcare Science (Physiological Sciences) and then do graduate entry medicine?
I know that this is possible with Biomedical science,and I was just told that St George's University of London does it too,which is where I'm going,but I just wanted to confirm..

Any advice?? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm wondering the exact same thing! would really love to know the answer :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by LtNoddy
I'm wondering the exact same thing! would really love to know the answer :frown:

Are you gonna be doing Healthcare Science too? :smile:
If yes,what uni?
Reply 3
Original post by Varsh05
Are you gonna be doing Healthcare Science too? :smile:
If yes,what uni?

Have an interview with St George's tomorrow which I am hoping goes well, but I will try and get a place in Biomedical Sciences if possible!
Reply 4
Original post by LtNoddy
Have an interview with St George's tomorrow which I am hoping goes well, but I will try and get a place in Biomedical Sciences if possible!

Have you just finished your A2??
Yay! I got rejected for Biomedical Science at SGUL (it was my firm) so they offered me Healthcare Science :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Varsh05
Have you just finished your A2??
Yay! I got rejected for Biomedical Science at SGUL (it was my firm) so they offered me Healthcare Science :smile:

Yup!! Grades werent amazing so sadly I missed my Med offer and I was offered this too. Same deal goes with a friend of mine!!
Reply 6
Original post by LtNoddy
Yup!! Grades werent amazing so sadly I missed my Med offer and I was offered this too. Same deal goes with a friend of mine!!

Aw yh we're on the same boat then :frown:
Do you know if we're allowed to retake any modules whilst we're doing the degree?
I really want to improve my chem grade :frown:
What are your offers atm? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Varsh05
Aw yh we're on the same boat then :frown:
Do you know if we're allowed to retake any modules whilst we're doing the degree?
I really want to improve my chem grade :frown:
What are your offers atm? :smile:

Atm, I have nothing but the interview! I dont see the point of resitting any A-Level modules, i'd rather go through a Degree and concentrate on trying to get a 1st in that, but I guess if you wanted to you could do the exams in private?
Reply 8
Original post by LtNoddy
Atm, I have nothing but the interview! I dont see the point of resitting any A-Level modules, i'd rather go through a Degree and concentrate on trying to get a 1st in that, but I guess if you wanted to you could do the exams in private?

Aah ok..I think the Biomed seats are full though but last year it went through clearing,which is why loads of people with poor grades still got in..
I have my insurance too(Biomed at Westminster) but SGUL is easier for me :smile:
Does our seat depend on this interview though,do you know? Or is it just a formality?
Reply 9
Original post by Varsh05
Aah ok..I think the Biomed seats are full though but last year it went through clearing,which is why loads of people with poor grades still got in..
I have my insurance too(Biomed at Westminster) but SGUL is easier for me :smile:
Does our seat depend on this interview though,do you know? Or is it just a formality?

I think our seats do depend on it! and I'm sticking with SGUL as i absolutely love the Uni!
Reply 10
Original post by LtNoddy
I think our seats do depend on it! and I'm sticking with SGUL as i absolutely love the Uni!

I fell in love at first sight! :biggrin:
I'm gonna call them and ask tomorrow..When did you book yours? Today?
Reply 11
Original post by Varsh05
I fell in love at first sight! :biggrin:
I'm gonna call them and ask tomorrow..When did you book yours? Today?

Tomorrow at 11! Since it takes me 1hr 30mins to get there even though I'm in London, I'll give em a ring at 8.30 when the lines open! :cool:
Reply 12
Original post by LtNoddy
Tomorrow at 11! Since it takes me 1hr 30mins to get there even though I'm in London, I'll give em a ring at 8.30 when the lines open! :cool:

Don't they open at 9? :s-smilie:
Best of Luck;are you ready for this?
Reply 13
Original post by Varsh05
Don't they open at 9? :s-smilie:
Best of Luck;are you ready for this?

SGUL hub opens: Friday 16 August:
8.30am 6pm

So not ready for this LOL! I'm really nervous for once, really need this!
Reply 14
Original post by LtNoddy
SGUL hub opens: Friday 16 August:
8.30am 6pm

So not ready for this LOL! I'm really nervous for once, really need this!

Did you consider Biomed at SGUL though?
And thanks I need to call them tomorrow and book my interview :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by Varsh05
Did you consider Biomed at SGUL though?
And thanks I need to call them tomorrow and book my interview :frown:

I was considering it before but wasnt sure if I should go for it and after some replies on another thread I made I've decided I should go for the Biomed, but this happened after I accepted an interview for Healthcare Sci and after the lines closed :frown:
Reply 16
Original post by LtNoddy
I was considering it before but wasnt sure if I should go for it and after some replies on another thread I made I've decided I should go for the Biomed, but this happened after I accepted an interview for Healthcare Sci and after the lines closed :frown:

Did you just reply to the email they sent you,saying you want to accept the course? Then booked your interview?
Yeah but you won't be at a disadvantage just because you're doing Healthcare Science :s-smilie:
When I called them today,a medic spoke to me and she said you can do GEM after healthcare science..they'll also consider the fact that you went to SGUL
Reply 17
Original post by Varsh05
Did you just reply to the email they sent you,saying you want to accept the course? Then booked your interview?
Yeah but you won't be at a disadvantage just because you're doing Healthcare Science :s-smilie:
When I called them today,a medic spoke to me and she said you can do GEM after healthcare science..they'll also consider the fact that you went to SGUL

I was sent an email telling me to call a number and book my interview which I did asap and that was all! Tbh, I'm more attracted to doing the Healthcare Science route as we'd be getting LOADS of in-hospital experience with patients, especially since we're doing physiology and I think that would help a lot more when applying for GEM?

When is your interview?
Reply 18
Original post by LtNoddy
I was sent an email telling me to call a number and book my interview which I did asap and that was all! Tbh, I'm more attracted to doing the Healthcare Science route as we'd be getting LOADS of in-hospital experience with patients, especially since we're doing physiology and I think that would help a lot more when applying for GEM?

When is your interview?

The entire day was spent in discussing with friends,family etc :frown:
Coz I also have an offer for Biomed at Westminster..so I didn't know what to do really..but now I think I'm gonna go for Healthcare Science.
I'm gonna book my interview tomorrow.

They do a lot of clinical stuff which is beneficial and I think as long as you get a 2:1,they should consider you and SGUL is the ideal place where you'd get to speak to consultants and professionals about what your next step should be,that's what I think :s-smilie:
Do we need to know about the cardio equipment etc for the interview though?
Reply 19
Original post by Varsh05
The entire day was spent in discussing with friends,family etc :frown:
Coz I also have an offer for Biomed at Westminster..so I didn't know what to do really..but now I think I'm gonna go for Healthcare Science.
I'm gonna book my interview tomorrow.

They do a lot of clinical stuff which is beneficial and I think as long as you get a 2:1,they should consider you and SGUL is the ideal place where you'd get to speak to consultants and professionals about what your next step should be,that's what I think :s-smilie:
Do we need to know about the cardio equipment etc for the interview though?

Nope, just basic AS Bio from what other applicants have said! and use this pdf file to help with the interview!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending