The Student Room Group

Not that happy with 3 As

I think these days all good students get atleast 1 a* if not more. I feel like if I was 3 or 4 years into future, my grades wouldn't have been so sustainable in getting me university offers. Any other person feeling gutted about getting the average 3 A's? I am on a gap year from september onwards. Would it be a good idea to retake one of the exams bearing in mind I am on a fast track physics a level course?

Scroll to see replies

3 A's is plenty good enough for most universities entry requirements, and bear in mind that only 7.6% of all grades this year were A*'s, very few will have done better than 3A's.

Unless your uni of choice has A*AA or similar entry requirements, then no, it's not worth retakes.
Reply 2
Original post by nothepreacher
I think these days all good students get atleast 1 a* if not more. I feel like if I was 3 or 4 years into future, my grades wouldn't have been so sustainable in getting me university offers. Any other person feeling gutted about getting the average 3 A's? I am on a gap year from september onwards. Would it be a good idea to retake one of the exams bearing in mind I am on a fast track physics a level course?

Probably not.
Original post by Mad Vlad
Probably not.

And the reason being?
Reply 4
Yes you should be, 3 As is kind of average in the modern times. I got a*a*B and i am pretty disgusted at getting a b which is terrible. As are average and not great in my opinion.
Reply 5
Three years ago I was predicted 3A*, ended up with 3A I was still over the moon with that...I don't see your problem.
Reply 6
A levels dont really matter too much after university..... Its all about a 2:1, CV, Presentation and Experience

Why would they care that you only got an A in biology?

PS: What you THINK does not necessarily mean its factual, and in this case its a load of bull
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
if it puts your mind to rest
This is why I hate TSR.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah me too I hate myself for getting 8 A* and 1 A. I really needed 9 A*. I am a big piece of ****. Now I'm going to jump off a cliff. Bye
Original post by Mikeortolan
This is why I hate TSR.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed.

Stop obsessing over "only" getting 3A's. come join us in the real world where you realise no one gives a s***.
Don't be that guy at Uni that walks around asking everyone's A level results. Everyone hates that guy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mikeortolan
This is why I hate TSR.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure some of these people don't actually live in the real world.
The "average" 3 As.

What world do you people live in? Seriously.
Which subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
go **** yourself, you arrogant ********
Just keep re-sitting till u get 3 A*s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PotterLaw
Agreed.

Stop obsessing over "only" getting 3A's. come join us in the real world where you realise no one gives a s***.
Don't be that guy at Uni that walks around asking everyone's A level results. Everyone hates that guy

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am a girlie, thanks.
Original post by Georgiina_Tee
Which subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile

chem bio and maths
Original post by desdemonata
The "average" 3 As.

What world do you people live in? Seriously.

Maybe back in your time, it might have been a big deal but now you just need to wish for a grade like that and you get it. Why do you think people talk about grade inflation?
Original post by nothepreacher
Maybe back in your time, it might have been a big deal but now you just need to wish for a grade like that and you get it. Why do you think people talk about grade inflation?

Back in my time?

Mate I'm 18 not 38 :facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest