The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Djent
Is anybody hoping to apply for Medicine at Imperial College London/UCL for 2015 entry?

YUP!! Ucl would be my second choice, and imperial my third! though i doubt ill get in! im guessing you too want to go for these??
Original post by Grapefruit97
****ting bricks

LOL dw you'll do fine! what subjects did u do???????
Original post by tingirl
I'm doing Chemistry, Biology, Maths and French (oh and critical thinking)
Not sure exactly which uni I want to go to, but I definitely want to do medicine!
What are you doing? :smile:

im doing those subjects for alevels :smile:
Original post by tingirl
I'm doing Chemistry, Biology, Maths and French (oh and critical thinking)
Not sure exactly which uni I want to go to, but I definitely want to do medicine!
What are you doing? :smile:

That's cool! but i don't think many unis accept critical thinking.
I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics for my A-Levels and I want to study medicine to be a GP..
those other people who want to go into medicine, how many A*'s do you think you will get on Thursday?
and everyone else, in your opinion, how many A*'s at GCSE do you think you need at least to get into medicine...

Sooooo many people on here wanting to do medicine! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sweet_gyal97
I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics for my A-Levels and I want to study medicine to be a GP..
those other people who want to go into medicine, how many A*'s do you think you will get on Thursday?
and everyone else, in your opinion, how many A*'s at GCSE do you think you need at least to get into medicine...

I wanna do medicine too! and i think those are FAB choices! you could even try and get a private GP (like make ur own). they also EARN A BOMB. lol.i hope to get A*s, though i doubt ill get it :frown: and i think about 70% a* to get in? depends on the uni i suppose. where do you want to go?
Original post by mollyh77
Sooooo many people on here wanting to do medicine! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL why what do yu want to doooo?
A week left right? Good luck to all of you!! :biggrin:
At least you won't have to squeeze your a levels into one and a half years like me...FML

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sellerofdreams
A week left right? Good luck to all of you!! :biggrin:
At least you won't have to squeeze your a levels into one and a half years like me...FML

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :biggrin: and wow u mean BOTH as and a2? if u do then that's bloody mental. and hve udone ur gcse's den?
Original post by Ferrari Lexus
Thanks! :biggrin: and wow u mean BOTH as and a2? if u do then that's bloody mental. and hve udone ur gcse's den?

Yeah, I did cie so got my results on Tuesday:smile:haha, in Malaysia local colleges only let you do one and a half years, so I do my as ext June and my a2 next November.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Farhan96
China is not a LEDC. It is a Newly industrialised country with just some areas that are quite poor.

China is an LEDC, which is also a newly Industralised Country.i use to think because China had such a large economy it was an MEDC but I forgot to account for the large population but I was taught it was an LEDC in Geography.Here is an image of MEDCs/LEDCs:IMG00082.jpg
It's a superpower too right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Basket case
My school doesn't have a 6th form - I'm off to college... That will be scary:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The 6th form/college thing is very confusing to me because I'm going to my school's sixth form, which meant that I was guaranteed a place as long as I got the grades necessary for the courses I wanted to study but my school's sixth form is part of a college, which has several campuses which include my school's sixth from.Am I going to sixth form/college?-its so confusing:confused:
We didn't do any units that delved too deeply into that sort of thing but China is an LEDC, which is also an NIC according to that book but I was not taught this-you can only be an MEDC or LEDC and to call China an MEDC would be wrong.My Geography teacher taught MEDCs/LEDCs with a map of the world with the Rich North and Poor South identified with a line between them that curved around Australia and New Zealand.
For our course this topic wasn't required all we needed to do was to identify case studies from poor parts of the world and rich parts of the world for natural disasters and tourism, we didn't do anything more complex so it was very simple to call them LEDCs and MEDCs.
Original post by Dalek1099
Universities rarely say what they really want you to have for example so little universities produce a black list but it is well known that universities discriminate against different A-Levels and universities want you to have 5A*-C including English and Maths and while they won't do a public announcement they want it.

If you wanted to go to UCL, you wouldn't want to have to take an extra GCSE in a language on top of your degree so it is quite a disadvantage and in a world becoming more and more globalised universities and employers are going to want languages more and more, especially when you consider how bad the UK is at foreign languages compared to the rest of Europe-how are you supposed to trade and negotiate with people if you don't know their language?

I fully see where my language teacher is going when she said how I'd be at the top of the employment list with 2 languages-I know She was completely exaggerating but She does have a valid point.

With your attitude I strongly doubt you'll be at the top of any employment list.
Original post by theJdog
urm, hi! is this for GCSE results that will be coming out nest week?

It is indeed. How are you feeling for them? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dalek1099
For our course this topic wasn't required all we needed to do was to identify case studies from poor parts of the world and rich parts of the world for natural disasters and tourism, we didn't do anything more complex so it was very simple to call them LEDCs and MEDCs.

That should be fine for geography gcse, but to call china an LEdc outside of gcse would be to betray yor ignorance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3819
i'm curious now :unimpressed:

Latest