The Student Room Group

Big moths in your room at night

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Hopple

I get these things.

Make sure to check for them when you go to sleep :colone:

Dude are you breeding them or what is going on?
My family in australia say they get massive ones. The ones here are bad enough. Dont like things like that!
Reply 42
I don't get any of these here but used to get lots of flies and bugs back at home :facepalm: We had to put a bug net on the window, otherwise you'd see a heaven of bugs :ahhhhh:
Got one of these fellas attacking me right now
This happens in my bathroom all the time. They're the size of my hand.
Reply 45
This happens to me a lot. Even when i have my blind down they somehow manage to get in. At night i sit in bed with my laptop on and the light off, so often one flies into or over the screen whilst Im typing. The other day a huge one missed the screen and flew straight into my face. Fortunately I got it out, but I often wake up to find dead ones on the floor or my desk or the windowsill. Moths are like vampires when it comes to morning!
Reply 46
Yeah I get these big women at night not all the time but I am able to cope
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 47
We always get massive moths in the house, not because we leave windows open but because our cat likes to catch them in her mouth then bring them in through the cat flap to play with in the hallway. -_-
Original post by StacFace
We always get massive moths in the house, not because we leave windows open but because our cat likes to catch them in her mouth then bring them in through the cat flap to play with in the hallway. -_-

Haha at least your cat kills them right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by Newmrsmith2013
Haha at least your cat kills them right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not usually, she'll only paw them if they're within her reach and are moving, which tends to be when they've got a broken wing and are trying to fly away or something like that. If they fly too high or stay still then she gets bored and leaves them.
Original post by StacFace
Not usually, she'll only paw them if they're within her reach and are moving, which tends to be when they've got a broken wing and are trying to fly away or something like that. If they fly too high or stay still then she gets bored and leaves them.

Oh I see! Haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Staceyc1990
Yeah. One time one flew right in my face when i switched my phone on, crapped it!

Ouch!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clez
This happens to me a lot. Even when i have my blind down they somehow manage to get in. At night i sit in bed with my laptop on and the light off, so often one flies into or over the screen whilst Im typing. The other day a huge one missed the screen and flew straight into my face. Fortunately I got it out, but I often wake up to find dead ones on the floor or my desk or the windowsill. Moths are like vampires when it comes to morning!

Yeah they have no light to be attracted to haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest