The Student Room Group

1 A* short of my offer at Univeristy of Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Ah well, thanks to everyone for your kind support throughout today, it was a bit of a hitch in my plan but I'm feeling so grateful to have the results I've got and a place at such a good uni. Manchester wasn't for me, but after all everything happens for a reason, and I have no doubt that Nottingham is gonna be fantastic :smile:
Original post by dotcoedotuk
Ah well, thanks to everyone for your kind support throughout today, it was a bit of a hitch in my plan but I'm feeling so grateful to have the results I've got and a place at such a good uni. Manchester wasn't for me, but after all everything happens for a reason, and I have no doubt that Nottingham is gonna be fantastic :smile:

Congratulations you'll love it.

We discussed your case at HQ today and you were indeed very unlucky (people winced when they heard) buy I'm glad you've got a fantastic offer from Nottingham to go to. Chances are you'll be back here in the new academic year telling us how much you love Nottingham :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by dotcoedotuk

You sound like a really nice guy with your head firmly screwed on - this will stand you in good stead for the coming years. I honestly thought, with grades like yours, you would have got into your firm choice at Manchester and I was shocked when you said that the head of dept. suggested the foundation year :eek:

Congratulations, you should be proud of yourself and I am sure you will have a fab time at Nottingham. Good luck.
Reply 23
Original post by jelly1000
seems ridiculous someone with A*AAA would be reccomended for a 'foundation' year when they clearly don't need to take one

It's unbelievably outrageous. Unlucky OP, Nottingham is a fantastic university and it's physics department is great. You will have a great time!
Reply 24
Original post by Bunnyjo
You sound like a really nice guy with your head firmly screwed on - this will stand you in good stead for the coming years. I honestly thought, with grades like yours, you would have got into your firm choice at Manchester and I was shocked when you said that the head of dept. suggested the foundation year :eek:

Congratulations, you should be proud of yourself and I am sure you will have a fab time at Nottingham. Good luck.

What is silly is that there will be people who got in, without being suggested to do a foundation year, who got altogether worse grades but met the requirement.
Original post by Origami Bullets
Congratulations you'll love it.

We discussed your case at HQ today and you were indeed very unlucky (people winced when they heard) buy I'm glad you've got a fantastic offer from Nottingham to go to. Chances are you'll be back here in the new academic year telling us how much you love Nottingham :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha well it's great to know that there were people on my side there, hopefully this just means I'm due slightly better luck in future :rolleyes: It's all part of the experience anyway, hopefully it'll be something to look back at and think 'thank god it ended up that way'! Many thanks again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending