The Student Room Group

Track: Who is still waiting?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
I applied late and have verbally been offered a place when does this get confirmed on tracker?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 201
Original post by saminator
He has phoned twice and just keeps being told that he will be updated as soon as possible. It just seems unfair, he will lose out on the clearing places he has offers for unless Keele update by 9am tomorrow.
Is there any chance that if he phoned the unis that gave him the offers, they might extend their deadline? Also is a verbal offer and then an email a guaranteed offer or do they give lots out and basically whoever adds them to track first wins?
Also if the offers expire would he be able to phone and get more offers if the courses were still available or would the unis not entertain that?
sorry for all the questions, my brother has dyslexia and worked really hard but something major happened before the exams and it threw his revision and exams completely off. I know he could do well as he is really bright but all this is knocking his confidence now.
If he doesn't want to wait and see if he gets in after all, he can ask to be rejected immediately so that he can take up one of his Clearing offers. However, it can take a few hours for this to go through, so he should get back to his preferred Clearing option and let them know what's happening. If Keele have said they are processing a rejection, the Clearing uni may well agree to extend the deadline if need be. But check :smile:

Original post by riorio25
well, if it is not in clearing it's full.
Yes, to the extent that they don't want any more applicants, but may still have room for some of the ones on their waiting list.

Original post by epiphany
Hiya guys I am seeking advice on being released from the University of Birmingham.

How long is it likely to take especially if the course I have an unconditional offer is in clearing?
It may take a day or two, or a matter of hours. It depends how busy the admissions team is. If there are delays you need to keep your Clearing uni informed otherwise your offer will lapse.

Original post by iAhmedd
Hey you will be released in no less than 2-3 hours. Ive released myself from my insurance uni in order to go through clearing for a much better uni :biggrin: hope this helps. All you have to do I call them up and tell them you've declined them
Asking generally gets better results.

Original post by Infamous12
So you was released after 2 hours of telling them to reject you? I asked mine at around one o'clock and my track still hasn't updated.
Because they have had other things to do, I'm afraid.

Original post by iAhmedd
Wow really? I actually got released in under 1 hour :redface:. My mates have been released like after 2-3 hours.
You were extremely lucky, and so were they.

Original post by Keelhaul
Mine still hasn't updated :frown:
Guess I'll have to phone the uni.
Yes you will :smile:

Original post by Squishyy
How long you generally have to wait until the Uni confirm your place and make response on UCAS? I'm still waiting for Coventry to update so I can go to clearing asap if I failed... I probably need to called them in the morning to figure out what's going on.
Definitely.

Original post by Squishyy
It is mid-night in UK now so I guess we have to wait till 7 or 8 am in the morning
Well, there certainly won't be anyone there now :smile:

Original post by Dana.
They're taking a long time to release me from Firm choice, but they were really quick to give me my £200 accommodation deposit back xD

If i have an Unconditional insurance offer (Staffordshire) will the give it away if i don't reply in time?
They will if you don't keep them informed, yes.

Original post by oliviax0x0
Hi guys really hope one of you can help me out here, i've applied for history at nottingham for my firm choice and ancient history at nottingham for my insurance, so far my insurance place says unconditional on track but my firm choice still says conditional even though i got the grades and met all the requirements - it seems ucas hasnt updated my track at all today - none of my results are listed on my track either... not really sure what to do or who to call tomorrow. Any advice would be so great !! thank youuu
Resuts don't appear on Track anyway. If you have met your offer, you need to find out why Nottingham hasn't sorted this, especially as they've already confirmed your insurance!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 202
Original post by epiphany
What University were you released from?

I was released from Uni of Manchester to apply to City University (AAB) since I didn't want to go out of london
Reply 203
Original post by Minerva
If he doesn't want to wait and see if he gets in after all, he can ask to be rejected immediately so that he can take up one of his Clearing offers. However, it can take a few hours for this to go through, so he should get back to his preferred Clearing option and let them know what's happening. If Keele have said they are processing a rejection, the Clearing uni may well agree to extend the deadline if need be. But check :smile:

Yes, to the extent that they don't want any more applicants, but may still have room for some of the ones on their waiting list.

It may take a day or two, or a matter of hours. It depends how busy the admissions team is. If there are delays you need to keep your Clearing uni informed otherwise your offer will lapse.

Asking generally gets better results.

Because they have had other things to do, I'm afraid.

You were extremely lucky, and so were they.

Yes you will :smile:

Definitely.

Well, there certainly won't be anyone there now :smile:

They will if you don't keep them informed, yes.

Resuts don't appear on Track anyway. If you have met your offer, you need to find out why Nottingham hasn't sorted this, especially as they've already confirmed your insurance!

So shall i email them/ring them telling them i'm waiting to be released from my Firm?
Reply 204
Original post by Minerva

Thanks so much for that, he would love to go to Keele but I think its very unlikely and probably a bit risky waiting for them while losing the other offers. I will tell him he can ring them and ask for a rejection first thing. thanks again!
Reply 205
Original post by Dana.
So shall i email them/ring them telling them i'm waiting to be released from my Firm?
Yes

Original post by saminator
Thanks so much for that, he would love to go to Keele but I think its very unlikely and probably a bit risky waiting for them while losing the other offers. I will tell him he can ring them and ask for a rejection first thing. thanks again!
Well, it could be that ringing up and saying, "I have offers elsewhere" will encourage Keele to take him, so I wouldn't start with asking for a rejection unless they say, "you'll have to wait until Monday".
Reply 206
Ergh track still hasn't updated. Before I got my results I thought I'd flopped as it didn't already update. What a hassle...
Reply 207
Original post by arkhamz
Ergh track still hasn't updated. Before I got my results I thought I'd flopped as it didn't already update. What a hassle...
Ring the uni concerned tomorrow. Don't leave it.
Original post by Emily115
Yep, it's the same for me. They have all my forms and everything. I phoned up earlier and was told they didn't have any of my documents & then phoned again and was told that they have them all and it should've come through!
They did say that as long as you get everything sent off within the next couple of days that it shouldn't matter and it'll stay conditional..

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're Reading aswell aren't you? :biggrin: I remember!

Well the lady on the phone told me I have until the 31st August to get the rest of my CRB evidence in. I posted them earlier today and paid for next day delivery. I'm just worried that the longer it takes, will that mean I'm less likely to get into accomodation in the halls since I may well be one of the last to have my conditional changed to an unconditional?!
Reply 209
Original post by Minerva
Ring the uni concerned tomorrow. Don't leave it.

Will do,Thanks.
Hi guys

Recently I had problem with my Edexcel results since they only gives my A2 grades, not my Alevel grades (something to deal with cashed-in results). This is peventing UCAS from updating my final results, universities cannot make decisions and at the same time, I cannot make my way to clearing

My teacher told me that it is something to do with cash in code, and told me to wait for 2 hours for everything to be fixed. However, it's been 10 hours and nothing changes. I called my firm choice and (luckily???) got rejected by them (which was updated on the Track)

I tried to email some universities for clearing, but because I still not have my statement of Edexcel results and clearing number, they did't allow me to clearing.

What should I do? I have explained this problem to my teachers, some universities that I want to go in clearing and emailed Edexcel. Still, nothing has happened yet. I'm freaking out :frown:
What time can I expect track to update this morning? Just checked now and still no change! (At 7 a.m.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 212
Got my firm grades, but heard nothing on track....
when you ring universities ask for and write down the FULL name and job title of the person you speak to.

If the can't give you a clear answer then don't accept this. Ask to speak to someone more senior.

Ask what is delaying the decision and why they are obstructing your chances of a place elsewhere.

If you still don't get anywhere the keep asking to speak to someone more senior.

Keeping you hanging on for no good reason is very bad behaviour - universities do not want to get a reputation for treating their applicants badly.
Original post by PQ
when you ring universities ask for and write down the FULL name and job title of the person you speak to.

If the can't give you a clear answer then don't accept this. Ask to speak to someone more senior.

Ask what is delaying the decision and why they are obstructing your chances of a place elsewhere.

If you still don't get anywhere the keep asking to speak to someone more senior.

Keeping you hanging on for no good reason is very bad behaviour - universities do not want to get a reputation for treating their applicants badly.

Is there anything you can say to make them reject you quicker? When I call back all they say is "we are working hard, we promise" or "there's nothing we can do, we are waiting on admissions". It's getting ridiculous now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by minthumbugs
Sorry to hijack but I'm in the same situation with BBB offers and I got BCC but I can't find any clearing places for sciences with grades this low? Which unis did you ring?

Essex, kent , westminster, plymouth, portsmouth and Bournemouth! Good luck! x
Reply 216
I got my results and met my conditions over 2 weeks ago and my track STILL hasn't updated I rang uni twice (manchester met) and they just told me to be patient?! I don't know what to do?! do I have to enter clearing or what? I'm just so confused haha
Fingers crossed for you guys!
Reply 218
****ing hell, I've had about enough. It's ridiculous, they already RECEIVED my results over a month ago! So it shouldn't be taking this long right? Jesus christ. If I don't get into Birmingham I'm going into clearing so they need to hurry their arses up.
Reply 219
Original post by Claire Ngo
Hi guys

Recently I had problem with my Edexcel results since they only gives my A2 grades, not my Alevel grades (something to deal with cashed-in results). This is peventing UCAS from updating my final results, universities cannot make decisions and at the same time, I cannot make my way to clearing

My teacher told me that it is something to do with cash in code, and told me to wait for 2 hours for everything to be fixed. However, it's been 10 hours and nothing changes. I called my firm choice and (luckily???) got rejected by them (which was updated on the Track)

I tried to email some universities for clearing, but because I still not have my statement of Edexcel results and clearing number, they did't allow me to clearing.

What should I do? I have explained this problem to my teachers, some universities that I want to go in clearing and emailed Edexcel. Still, nothing has happened yet. I'm freaking out :frown:
Get back to your teacher today and find out what's gone on at their end. Have you got the information to be able to work out your grades, even though they're not cashed in? That is, what have you done with your results slip from last year? If you've got both you should be able to fax those to any uni you approach in Clearing, on the basis that the cashing in is being sorted out.

If you think your insurance should reject you and hasn't, contact them this morning. You won't get a Clearing number until that's happened.

What time can I expect track to update this morning? Just checked now and still no change! (At 7 a.m.)
As I understand it, updates are going through all the time. It's impossible when your personal update will go through, but if nothing's changed by, say, 10am, I'd get on to the uni/s quickly.

Original post by fredstan5014
Got my firm grades, but heard nothing on track....
Call your uni this morning and find out what's happening.

Is there anything you can say to make them reject you quicker? When I call back all they say is "we are working hard, we promise" or "there's nothing we can do, we are waiting on admissions". It's getting ridiculous now.
You can say "I've got Clearing offers elsewhere and if you can't make a decision now I'd like you to reject me immediately." If you don't want them to decide in your favour just say so.

Original post by Hollss_x
I got my results and met my conditions over 2 weeks ago and my track STILL hasn't updated I rang uni twice (manchester met) and they just told me to be patient?! I don't know what to do?! do I have to enter clearing or what? I'm just so confused haha
If you met your offer in every respect you're entitled to your place. Ring the uni again this morning and ask them why they haven't confirmed this to UCAS yet.

Quick Reply

Latest