The Student Room Group

Best unis for biochemistry or biomedicine?

Hi all, I need some advice.
My alevels didn't turn out as well as I expected and now I think I'll get predicted AAB w/ a B in chemistry or AAA if I beg my chemistry teacher really hard.
I got a U in my fourth subject so I'm dropping it next year.

I would like to apply to either biochemistry or biomedicine, but would anyone be kind enough to explain the exact differences between the two?

And also, which is more competitive to get into? (I.e. which one has more applicants & requires higher grades)

And do you think it's possible to apply to both biochemistry and biomedicine with the same ps?

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I'll leave the recommendation of unis simply because it's far too subjective outside the realm of rankings, which I'm sure you can look at yourself.

Biochemistry and biomedicine are very similar. However, as the name suggests, biochemistry simply contains more chemistry, and is broader in terms of scope than biomedicine. In biomed, you'd only study the human side of things, whilst biochemistry will involve other areas such as plants.

And yes. You can definitely write one single PS for both fields.
Reply 2
Original post by hslakaal
I'll leave the recommendation of unis simply because it's far too subjective outside the realm of rankings, which I'm sure you can look at yourself.

Biochemistry and biomedicine are very similar. However, as the name suggests, biochemistry simply contains more chemistry, and is broader in terms of scope than biomedicine. In biomed, you'd only study the human side of things, whilst biochemistry will involve other areas such as plants.

And yes. You can definitely write one single PS for both fields.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Where are studying and what if you don't mind me asking?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Bumppp
Reply 4
Reply 5
Original post by lolables
Hi, thanks for your reply. Where are studying and what if you don't mind me asking?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No of course not, Medicine at King's.
Reply 6

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending