The Student Room Group

AS Students : What are you going to do differently in A2 ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Stop dedicating frees to eating sessions and Waterloo Road catch up
Stop procrastinating
Begin homework the day it is set
Restrict internet hours - StayFocus Google app if anyone is interested
Ask teachers for help
just finished year 13 these are my tips :smile:

- start revising/learning early
- do it little+often
- ask about anything you're unsure of.
- DO the past papers under timed conditions, dont just read the questions then look at the mark scheme (something youre likely to do in essay based subjects as past papers are long and boring to do)
good luck guys :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
A2 is much more enjoyable! :smile:
Reply 43
-start to odo the past papers on timing
-do as many question as you can instead of past papers and books question
-chalenge myself to understand it instead of only learning it
- do a a plan ahead of exams, a plan which helps me not to fear for my exam as much as I did this time round
Reply 44
Make careful notes - choose important notes and less time writing unnecessary information.
+ get involved more in lessons

Got AAB, should get it higher next year. :smile:
Reply 45
During my procrastination time, I was watching YouTube videos on procrastination and studying effectively. So I think keeping a Diary where I can write tasks I need to do and which day I need to review everything I learnt and stuff. Should help me
Original post by needtosucceed=)

- do it little+often
- DO the past papers under timed conditions, dont just read the questions then look at the mark scheme (something youre likely to do in essay based subjects as past papers are long and boring to do)

Great tips of advice! Thank you so much, I shall all of this in mind especially during exam times and also just generally. I'm going to give it my all next year! Many thanks :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Luketreherne
What lesson/s did you fall asleep in ?

Maths
Reply 48
Actually try to understand chemistry concepts

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by Pedd
I will have to start revising at home. I won't leave my coursework till the night before either.

Been predicted A*AB based on AABB results. Need to reach it! :biggrin:

What did you get predicted the A* on? Did any of the subjects you got a B in get predicted an A/A*?
Reply 50
To All, if u achieved a C in AS Economics, is it possible to still get a B in A2??
Original post by Peju
To All, if u achieved a C in AS Economics, is it possible to still get a B in A2??

Definitely. :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by cookiess
What did you get predicted the A* on? Did any of the subjects you got a B in get predicted an A/A*?

Twas the A for Government and Politics that's the predicted A*. The other A was for English Language, but I'm not confident in that If I'm to be honest.

I could raise my B in History to a prediction of an A, but I'm wondering whether it's worth potentially shooting myself in the foot by over-predicting myself. I love the content of History, but I can't seem to jump through the required hoops in exams.

I'm dropping English Literature into the plumes of academic hell!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by needtosucceed=)

- do it little+often

Those are good tips. I stuck to some of those in year 13 except doing PPs under timed condition. Btw needtosuccedd how did you get on with your results?
Original post by Sharif Chowdhury
Maths

Fair enough , i would rather drink bleach whilst putting needles into my eyeballs.
I am going to use all free periods for revision, stop spending so much time on youtube and tumblr, and spend any free time volunteering. Also I will turn up to all my classes on time and not skip them just so I can sleep for another hour. I want to study media production at Lincoln and need BBB! My AS results were BCDD so I have a lot of work to do :frown:
Original post by nothepreacher
Those are good tips. I stuck to some of those in year 13 except doing PPs under timed condition. Btw needtosuccedd how did you get on with your results?

I got AAAE, yourself? are you going to uni? :smile:
I am going to study every single night all of the work I have done and about 5 pages ahead of what I am doing.

That means that I will be more familiar with the topics and should find tests less hard. And what have I got to lose when I could be doing homework on those nights anyway. It's only 8 months! :smile:.

I will also learn answers to past papers so I know the layout (I did not do that last year but still managed B's).
I have actually started learning ahead for A2 Geography.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by K995
Try harder in class tests
Do things in advance so I don't fall behind
Not give a **** about what anyone else is doing
Try not to doze off in physics lessons and get my C up to a B :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

+1.
Here's a list of things I will do differently:

Actually work in free periods, not playing Poker

Use refill pads and ringbinders, workbooks are messy

Pay 100% attention in class and ask lots of questions