The Student Room Group

Track: Who is still waiting?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
I never got the grades but was told by the Uni that they'd accept me, I just had to email a GCSE Maths certificate to them what I did at 11AM Yesterday, I've phoned about two times and they've said it should update today,

Should I phone this morning and what should I say?
Reply 221
Original post by iBlueBox
I never got the grades but was told by the Uni that they'd accept me, I just had to email a GCSE Maths certificate to them what I did at 11AM Yesterday, I've phoned about two times and they've said it should update today,

Should I phone this morning and what should I say?
Wait and see if Track updates; if it hasn't by lunchtime then get on to them again.
Reply 222
Original post by Minerva
Wait and see if Track updates; if it hasn't by lunchtime then get on to them again.

I'll phone them around 12 then, thanks :smile:
Is anyone else thinking "WHY ALWAYS ME", haha. Dont worry guys, we are all on the same boat! Hopefully everything works out, and soon!
Reply 224
should i ring the uni as they havent put anything on track (theyre deciding if they want to accept me with a lower grade) and i have no idea when they will do
Reply 225
Original post by Vicodin
should i ring the uni as they havent put anything on track (theyre deciding if they want to accept me with a lower grade) and i have no idea when they will do
Yes. If you want them to take you, this will show interest and encourage them to put you up their list. If you want to be rejected and get into Clearing, you can ask them to do this ASAP.
Reply 226
I emailed Bolton yesterday asking them to reject me, But just got an 'Out of hours' reply. I'm working today so i hope it's updated by 11am so i can get the ball rolling.
Reply 227
Original post by Vicodin

I'm in the same condition, does anybody know when southampton will decide. I'm just stuck in the in between point that you don't know if they will accept you and you can't move forward in finding another university. I rang the uni yesterday 3 times, should i ring them this morning? I just don't know how to proceed.
Reply 228
Original post by Claire Ngo
Hi guys

Recently I had problem with my Edexcel results since they only gives my A2 grades, not my Alevel grades (something to deal with cashed-in results). This is peventing UCAS from updating my final results, universities cannot make decisions and at the same time, I cannot make my way to clearing

My teacher told me that it is something to do with cash in code, and told me to wait for 2 hours for everything to be fixed. However, it's been 10 hours and nothing changes. I called my firm choice and (luckily???) got rejected by them (which was updated on the Track)

I tried to email some universities for clearing, but because I still not have my statement of Edexcel results and clearing number, they did't allow me to clearing.

What should I do? I have explained this problem to my teachers, some universities that I want to go in clearing and emailed Edexcel. Still, nothing has happened yet. I'm freaking out :frown:

THis is exactly what happened to me!!!
Somehow my A2 maths has been cashed in as As so my firm choice can't actually confirm my place. I rang then and they said as long as my school has put the correct information through (which they said they had after I noticed the mistake on my results sheet) it will update on their system and then they can actually confirm my place. But I'm still waiting!!!!! Nothing yet! Gonna wait till 9:30 is and if track still doesn't change I'm gonna cry and run into school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 229
Original post by Dana.
I emailed Bolton yesterday asking them to reject me, But just got an 'Out of hours' reply. I'm working today so i hope it's updated by 11am so i can get the ball rolling.
I know it's a pain and difficult to do while at work, but you need to ring them if nothing's happened by 11am. It may take them hours to find your email as their mailbox will be heaving.
Reply 230
As a wise Persian poet once wrote, "This too shall pass."

:smile: Everything's going to be OK, guys!
Reply 231
Yeah, What exactly do i say to them? I rang yesterday and just got told to send an email to '[email protected]'
Reply 232
Original post by Dana.
Yeah, What exactly do i say to them? I rang yesterday and just got told to send an email to '[email protected]'

your ucas id,your full name your course code and the reason why you want to be rejected. although if they have already accepted you you are more likely to be placed in clearing than rejected at least thats what essex told me.
Reply 233
Original post by Juliette5
I'm in the same condition, does anybody know when southampton will decide. I'm just stuck in the in between point that you don't know if they will accept you and you can't move forward in finding another university. I rang the uni yesterday 3 times, should i ring them this morning? I just don't know how to proceed.

Im just emailing them and i am gonna ring them when they are open so yeah try ringing them.
though they keep saying the same thing which is wait.
Its a horrible position to be in :frown:
AQA only gave me 2/3 of my results... I had to phone them up and there was a mistake on their end with processing one of my grades so they have to do it now, which means I'm in limbo until my uni's receive the third result, which will take God knows how long... I'm so anxious
Reply 235
Is it worth phoning my University now or to wait to noon?
Is it worth phoning my University now or to wait to noon?

I just called mine now and finally been released.
Reply 237
Original post by Infamous12
I just called mine now and finally been released.

Not waiting to be released, they said they'd accept me on the course but they needed my GCSE Maths certificate that I emailed a scan to them, that was at 11AM yesterday, track still hasn't updated.
Not waiting to be released, they said they'd accept me on the course but they needed my GCSE Maths certificate that I emailed a scan to them, that was at 11AM yesterday, track still hasn't updated.

oh, Sorry! Well, good luck. Hopefully it gets sorted soon.
Reply 239
Original post by Infamous12
oh, Sorry! Well, good luck. Hopefully it gets sorted soon.

Thanks man!
Just phoned now, I've phoned like 3 times in the past 3 days and got 3 different answers haha xD

First time yesterday - told it should change within the day.
Second time yesterday - can take a few days, even to monday.

Just now - Keep checking, and if it's not changed by 2PM phone again and he'll pass me on to the admission office.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending