The Student Room Group

Really bad AS results, any chance getting into good unis if i work hard next year??

I got really bad AS results :frown:
D for Psychology (sadly which I'm most confident in)
D for Economics
E for Accounts and
C for C1, C for C2 and U for C3 :frown:
I'm felling quite desperate as I tried my best but it turned out horrible.
The course I want to apply for university is Management (maybe Management &Psychology) in unis like Goldsmith or Surrey are the ones I'm hoping for.
Is there any chance for me to enter these unis if I try and work really hard next year?? Or should I change to Foundation Programme to enter more guaranteed good unis? :-?
Reply 1
Im thinking of retaking the whole year even though i got CCD for A levels
Reply 2
Write a good personal statement and get a good reference. Predicted grades are a load of nonsense, but universities occasionally look at them. If you do all these, then you may be able to get an offer.
You will have to retake the year.

Them unis will accept you, so there's no need to worry.

Just make you learn from your mistakes and you put all your effort into the coming year.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Hi, I was in a very similar position to you last year, where I had C D D U. I ended up continuing on with the second year and dropping the subject that I got the U in. And I am really glad I did now, I didn't get the best overall grades, but definitely pulled it up as I got B C D and actually got into the uni I wanted who were asking for B B C (But I may have just been very fortunate). Hope this helps!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Yesterday I received horrible news after working my butt off I only got CDDE even though I worked so hard to reach my target grades of BBBC. Would any of you recommend staying on doing the subjects i got DD in and a extra AS level and doing a extended degree which requires less points and will allow me to gain enough skills to get onto my choosen degree course?
Reply 6
I am in a really bad situation! I got U U in Maths and Chemistry and just passed Biology. This is because my family moved abroad this year, and I started studying just a month before my exams. Not revision, but first time learning, as I had been doing a different curriculum before this..I am so confused on what to do. I do not want to repeat year 12. Is it possible to resit all my AS modules, with an extra fourth AS subject as well as continue into A2??? Has anyone done this before? I am ready to completely drown myself in my studies this year :frown: I just need to know if anyone has attempted 4 AS and 3 A2 subjects in one year and come out with decent results. At uni I have always wanted to study dentistry but at this stage I just want to be able to get into any decent course :frown: Please help!
Reply 7
Original post by ash0210
I am in a really bad situation! I got U U in Maths and Chemistry and just passed Biology. This is because my family moved abroad this year, and I started studying just a month before my exams. Not revision, but first time learning, as I had been doing a different curriculum before this..I am so confused on what to do. I do not want to repeat year 12. Is it possible to resit all my AS modules, with an extra fourth AS subject as well as continue into A2??? Has anyone done this before? I am ready to completely drown myself in my studies this year :frown: I just need to know if anyone has attempted 4 AS and 3 A2 subjects in one year and come out with decent results. At uni I have always wanted to study dentistry but at this stage I just want to be able to get into any decent course :frown: Please help!

Hi, I know this is a late reply but thought I'd drop a quick comment in - I resat every single AS exam (maths, chem, bio), at A2 Level and my grades went from a DDEE to a ABB. ( I chose to drop the fourth ) It was a *huge* work load and everyone was initially pretty negative about taking that many exams in one sitting, but if you are dedicated to get the grades there is no reason why you can't. Looking back, the sheer quantity of exams I took prevented me personally from reaching the AAA, but I'm so happy with my grades and they'll get me into a Biology/Biochem degree (which you could do also, which could then lead to dentistry without the AAA grade)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending