The Student Room Group

How will this work?

So like a few others I've completely failed my A levels CDD and I cant get into any unis of my choice or for courses I want. My plan is to resit and apply next year effectively taking a gap year.

My question is how do I apply next year? If i apply straight off the bat I'll get rejected instantly due to my poor grades even before I sit my exams.

Any help would be appreciated thanks :smile:
Reply 1
You apply via UCAS just as you did this year

Also, just as this year you list the exams that you plan to do in the pending section
Original post by Thisisthened
So like a few others I've completely failed my A levels CDD and I cant get into any unis of my choice or for courses I want. My plan is to resit and apply next year effectively taking a gap year.

My question is how do I apply next year? If i apply straight off the bat I'll get rejected instantly due to my poor grades even before I sit my exams.

Any help would be appreciated thanks :smile:

You enter the grades you've achieved, and then again as pending, so they will know you are resitting, but you can also have it mentioned in your reference/personal statement.

They may still reject straight away, but at least they'll know you're resitting :redface:
Reply 3
Original post by TenOfThem
You apply via UCAS just as you did this year

Also, just as this year you list the exams that you plan to do in the pending section

Original post by Penguinsaysquack
You enter the grades you've achieved, and then again as pending, so they will know you are resitting, but you can also have it mentioned in your reference/personal statement.

They may still reject straight away, but at least they'll know you're resitting :redface:

Thanks guys I guess I'll have to accept my rubbish grades haha

What about references? Predicted grades? Do I need to reobtain them? I'm just extremely distressed at all of this, its come as a sudden shock :crazy:

At least I can go trhough clearing again though :redface:
Thanks guys I guess I'll have to accept my rubbish grades haha

What about references? Predicted grades? Do I need to reobtain them? I'm just extremely distressed at all of this, its come as a sudden shock :crazy:

At least I can go trhough clearing again though :redface:

Yes, you'd need to get them again :yep:
Reply 5
Yes, you'd need to get them again :yep:

So I'd have to go in and ask all the teachers for them? :frown:
So I'd have to go in and ask all the teachers for them? :frown:

Whomever you would like the reference from, plus the predicted grades tend to go with the reference iirc. It's not that much effort :tongue:
Reply 7
Whomever you would like the reference from, plus the predicted grades tend to go with the reference iirc. It's not that much effort :tongue:

I just dont want to face them all. They thought I'd get A's and I'm sitting C's and D's :sigh:

Ah theres also the issue that both my biology teachers have left the school?

Ah theres also the issue that both my biology teachers have left the school?

So long as you can get someone to write you a reference, the school can generate a new predicted grade based on how you did at GCSE and AS. It won't be as personal to you, but it will exist, and hopefully won't hinder you. If this comes out as lower than you need, you can probably persuade your referee to increase it by a grade, by telling them how dedicated you're going to be and so on.

Chances are, you can do everything via email, if you wish to.
Reply 9
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
So long as you can get someone to write you a reference, the school can generate a new predicted grade based on how you did at GCSE and AS. It won't be as personal to you, but it will exist, and hopefully won't hinder you. If this comes out as lower than you need, you can probably persuade your referee to increase it by a grade, by telling them how dedicated you're going to be and so on.

Chances are, you can do everything via email, if you wish to.

Thanks a lot I'll try that :smile:
Thanks a lot I'll try that :smile:

The school will provide the same reference it did this year, updated with any other relevant information you ask them to include. You aren't the first and you certainly won't be the last.
Reply 11
Original post by carnationlilyrose
The school will provide the same reference it did this year, updated with any other relevant information you ask them to include. You aren't the first and you certainly won't be the last.

Would I need to speak to my head of year about this?
Would I need to speak to my head of year about this?

Either them or the head of sixth. Don't worry. Not only is this standard procedure, we are actually human!
Reply 13
Either them or the head of sixth. Don't worry. Not only is this standard procedure, we are actually human!

I just hope they're understanding! :tongue:

I'll email them on the week school starts :yep:
I just hope they're understanding! :tongue:

I'll email them on the week school starts :yep:

Heads of sixth and their team will be in school from now on, so there's no need to wait. They may be busy right now, but simply letting them know you'll be asking for a reference later requires nothing more from them than an 'ok, fine, let us know' email in return, so it's no big deal.
Reply 15
Heads of sixth and their team will be in school from now on, so there's no need to wait. They may be busy right now, but simply letting them know you'll be asking for a reference later requires nothing more from them than an 'ok, fine, let us know' email in return, so it's no big deal.

Ah I see its true that it would make it much less hassle in September. Good idea thanks a bunch :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending