The Student Room Group

F581/ F582 Economics June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nerd2
What was your total UMS in the 4 modules? I want to an idea of how much was needed for a B.

284 ums overall , 140 UMS IN AS 144 IN A2

doesnt say what i got in f581/2/4 which is annoying
Reply 1041
Original post by lisa96
How difficult is A2 economics?

I would say F583 - Economics of Work & Leisure, is a step up from AS, a fair amount more depth than AS, but not that difficult to grasp.

F584 or F585 - Your college will decide which one to do. I done both of these modules due to retakes and I found them hard, much harder than AS and F583. It does take a lot more hardwork, dedication, as well as understanding of the content, I say this because the content is more complex, you'll see what I mean when you come to see some of the diagrams.

Try to do your absolute best in AS, there should be no excuses, it's a walk in the park really, I mean if I can achieve a B in AS, then I'm sure anyone can.
Reply 1042
Original post by iggyDash
284 ums overall , 140 UMS IN AS 144 IN A2

doesnt say what i got in f581/2/4 which is annoying

Congrats man, did you get into your uni of choice?

Btw do you know how much was needed for an A overall,
I know that 280 UMS overall was a B, how much was needed for an A?
Reply 1043
Original post by lisa96
Did you do Transport or Work and Leisure?

Everybody should do Work and Leisure for the 3rd module, its fairly easy!

The question is should you do Transport or Global Economy for the 4 module. That is up to, honestly I can't decide which I found harder. Diggy will be able to help you choose hear, he did well in A2
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1044
Original post by lisa96
I thought the college decided between Work and Leisure or Transport?
My sixth form is doing Work and Leisure and not too sure how I feel about it just yet.

I've got an A at AS but really worried about the step up to A2. I found that in AS I could read the textbook and would understand the concepts however I relied too much on pastpapers and struggled when something unexpected popped up in exam questions

Nah they all hold the same weight in A2 as far as I know. My Sixth Form done Work & Leisure as the 3rd module then Global Economy as the 4th module.

You shouldn't worry too much, you've put yourself in a good position getting an A at AS, with hardwork I'm sure you'll do just as a good at A2.

Wish you all the best with your A2 exams :smile:
I'm gonna be so pissed if I get a B at A2 and basically miss my maths entry requirement because economics... Every exam I've done for econ so far has either being a B grade or extremely close... in fact if I didn't get my Jan paper remarked I would've had a B right now
Reply 1046
I got 78 in january f581 and in june f582 i got a D (55ums) :frown: ,I have to retake f582 now. my average is now a C . and i got AABC with A's in maths and physics that C just ruined it lol, well done to others who did well in econ
gonna get a remark after getting a photocopy, don't feel like I deserved that B
Reply 1048

How do you get a photocopy from OCR, how much is the charge. and are there any deadlines for asking for a photocopy and asking for a remark ?
Original post by popo
How do you get a photocopy from OCR, how much is the charge. and are there any deadlines for asking for a photocopy and asking for a remark ?

I think its £15, you ask your teacher. I'm not sure, I want to wait for official markschemes though really
Reply 1050
OCR are a bit picky with their mark schemes, in f582 i wote about the Phillips curve but i dont know if i got any marks. I cant belive i got a D in it . and a high B in unit 1 .
I didnt like the last question about echange rate though so thats where i lost loads of marks.
Original post by lisa96
Are you getting your exam script back?

yes a photocopy :smile:
Original post by popo

theres a remark form which your school should have which you send to school with payment ( around 10 quid i think ) by 23rd August.
Reply 1053
theres a remark form which your school should have which you send to school with payment ( around 10 quid i think ) by 23rd August.

My school is closed and i cant really get any forms and i cant talk to the teacher about it becuase i dont think he will reply
Reply 1054
i will probably only get a photocopy of my script becuase if i remark the grade wont miraculously change from a D to a B. i will just see my mistakes and see how the examinar has marked
Original post by Robbie242

what raw mark woulds 78 UMS have been ?
Reply 1056
(Original post by Robbie242)

Are you allowed to get a photocopied script for £10 or £9.50 whatever the price is, then decide whether or not you want it to be remarked. I read somewhere you cant remark it after you get a photocopy of it ? Or can you ? I read Robbie242 that you remarked your F581 what process did you go through.
Original post by popo
Are you allowed to get a photocopied script for £10 or £9.50 whatever the price is, then decide whether or not you want it to be remarked. I read somewhere you cant remark it after you get a photocopy of it ? Or can you ? I read Robbie242 that you remarked your F581 what process did you go through.

yes you can do that.
Original post by popo
OCR are a bit picky with their mark schemes, in f582 i wote about the Phillips curve but i dont know if i got any marks. I cant belive i got a D in it . and a high B in unit 1 .
I didnt like the last question about echange rate though so thats where i lost loads of marks.

just out of curiosity , what is the Phillips curve ? and yeah agree with you on the picky markschemes !
Reply 1059
just out of curiosity , what is the Phillips curve ? and yeah agree with you on the picky markschemes !

The Phillips curve shows the relationship between unemployment and inflation and i used it in one of the questions.

So when are the deadlines for getting your script back and a remark ? i read the photocopy is 20th sept. Surely there is a long deadline seeing as AS student havnt started school yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending