The Student Room Group

Should i bother applying to AAB universities?

I have just received my AS results and I got ABB (and E which I am dropping) with chemistry only one ums from the A. I am planning on doing pharmacy in university and was looking at AAB universities such as Nottingham/UCL/Kings. Should I bother when I will be predicted ABB and my AS subject grade isn't great?
please help.
Original post by rosexo
I have just received my AS results and I got ABB (and E which I am dropping) with chemistry only one ums from the A. I am planning on doing pharmacy in university and was looking at AAB universities such as Nottingham/UCL/Kings. Should I bother when I will be predicted ABB and my AS subject grade isn't great?
please help.

If you were only one mark from am A talk to your college/ sixth form and see if they will predict you AAB. Mine predicted a grade higher so would have predicted you A*AA if that makes sense? This had more to do with helping us get to where we wanted to go than their place in the league tables though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
This gets asked every year, YES those AS grades are more than good enough to apply for an AAB place. I had friends who got BBC at AS and ended up in AAB uni positions, It's not as rigid ad you think.

So yes, you have good reason to be optimistic

Posted from TSR Mobile
your going to be predicted atleast AAB.....if your teahcers really love you and your results are high A's and B's then you will be predicted A*AA....you can always ask your teachers what they are predicting you before you choose your uni choices so base it off of that.

Quick Reply

Latest