The Student Room Group

AS results!! Please give me some advice!! :)

Hi all,

I got my AS results yesterday and is extremely concerned about my future, Just wondering is it worth it to change school and restart AS or not?

the Grades i got is ABCEE

Any help will be greatful, thank you, really need some advice!!!
Reply 1
Original post by Oscar Chan
Hi all,

I got my AS results yesterday and is extremely concerned about my future, Just wondering is it worth it to change school and restart AS or not?

the Grades i got is ABCEE

Any help will be greatful, thank you, really need some advice!!!

what are you wanting to do and what subjects are they in ? :smile:
Reply 2
Well what were they in, what would you like to do in future eg at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Thanks for helping, :smile:

I have been thinking of doing Marketing in Uni but with my grades i got for now, I dont think i will be able to choose what i want to do!!

I got
B in music
C in economics
A in chinese
E in physics
E in Maths

I am just not sure what i should do because these results will lead to my final A2 grades, and i am also thinking about resitting maths and physics but not sure if it will distract me too much next year. Please help!

Thank you
Reply 4
Thanks for helping, :smile:

I have been thinking of doing Marketing in Uni but with my grades i got for now, I dont think i will be able to choose what i want to do!!

I got
B in music
C in economics
A in chinese
E in physics
E in Maths

I am just not sure what i should do because these results will lead to my final A2 grades, and i am also thinking about resitting maths and physics but not sure if it will distract me too much next year. Please help!

Thank you

well I would restart the whole year, Universities don't like that too much :nope: :s-smilie: ... but definitely continue music, Chinese, economics :smile: ... and personally I would resit maths or physics, not both as you don't want to overload yourself.

I'm sure with hard work you can raise that E to a C/B :smile: and your other grades you can easily improve them :smile: ..just requires a lot of determination :smile:
Well you did better than me in the Music area.

I got a C for Music Technology and that's my future right their.

YOu could just carry on to A2 but focus intently on bringing the grades up. It's definitely not impossible.

Cheers!
Reply 6
Thanks again for the help,

Just another question if you could help, if i do stay in my school, I will definitely resit and as you say, i shouldnt resit both as it will overload myself, so i am wondering, I will probably resit maths than physics because I will not carry Physics to A2, but will Universities care a lot about the E i got in physics in AS level??

Thank you for the advice, i am really determinded to do well next year, regret so much for not doing what i should have done this year. :frown:
Reply 7
Thanks again for the help,

Just another question if you could help, if i do stay in my school, I will definitely resit and as you say, i shouldnt resit both as it will overload myself, so i am wondering, I will probably resit maths than physics because I will not carry Physics to A2, but will Universities care a lot about the E i got in physics in AS level??

Thank you for the advice, i am really determinded to do well next year, regret so much for not doing what i should have done this year. :frown:

hmm I can't say im 100% certain but im pretty sure they only take your top 3 A levels (and highest AS if required ) unless you apply to like Oxbridge, Birmingham and barts/imperial I think ?

best of luck :smile:
Reply 8
Thank you so much for the advices!! :smile:
Reply 9
Thank you so much for the advices!! :smile:

No problem :h:

Quick Reply

Latest