The Student Room Group

Which Course is Better?

Hello,

I have the option to study each of these courses but I was wondering which of these to go for:

Economics and Politics at the University of Leeds
Politics and Economics at the University of Newcastle

It seems that they're so similar in terms of universities and I was wondering if anyone could help me decide which of these would be my best choice?
Original post by Saucy Carrot
Hello,

I have the option to study each of these courses but I was wondering which of these to go for:

Economics and Politics at the University of Leeds
Politics and Economics at the University of Newcastle

It seems that they're so similar in terms of universities and I was wondering if anyone could help me decide which of these would be my best choice?

If you're not sure of the emphasis of the course then you need to have a look at the modules that you'll be taking in the various years. Print them out and compare them side by side - choose the one which seems to click with your interests as that way you're more likely to be successful in the long-term!

These are universities with good reputations so I would make sure the course is right for you.

Good luck!

Naveed.
Reply 2
Both have had enormous amounts of money spent on the campus so both are very good. I personally applied for Newcastle and declined the other because I couldn't attend an open day. Id probably go to Leeds because its probably closer to where you live, and I personally prefer the look of the campus! Also take into consideration which accommodation is better (I think again that Leeds edges it here), and have a look at the facilities and clubs that each offer.
Both courses will be an equal split between politics and economics (you can tell this because it says "and" rather than "with"), so there's nothing to choose there.

Leeds and Newcastle are both equally fantastic unis, so nothing to choose from there.

What you do need to look at is what modules are available - what is available will vary drastically between Newcastle and Leeds, and you need to work out which one you ​prefer.
Reply 4
Thank you.

Arrrgghhh it's really hard to decide. I think I do prefer the modules at Newcastle and an open day I attended made me like the city a lot. However, I'm also thinking long term and feel like the University of Leeds may be better in terms of career prospects? Or are they very similar?

I think the economics part (my preferred subject of the two) is much more varied at Newcastle but Leeds slightly edges it on the rankings. So difficult.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Saucy Carrot
Thank you.

Arrrgghhh it's really hard to decide. I think I do prefer the modules at Newcastle and an open day I attended made me like the city a lot. However, I'm also thinking long term and feel like the University of Leeds may be better in terms of career prospects? Or are they very similar?

I think the economics part (my preferred subject of the two) is much more varied at Newcastle but Leeds slightly edges it on the rankings. So difficult.

Go to Newcastle. Career prospects won't be significantly better if at all at Leeds

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending