The Student Room Group

Help & advice needed! Resitting and re-applying!

Basically i received an offer from Leeds to study Economics of AAB, with an A in maths. I got my results yesterday and received : ABB in economics, maths and chemistry respectively. I only missed my A grade in maths by a few ums and got put into clearing. Instead of applying to a different university which i didnt really want to go to and spending three years, i thought it would be better to take a gap year, work, travel a bit and re-apply next year at Leeds having redone a few modules in maths. I spoke to Leeds on the phone and they go that they don't discriminate against people who resit a few exams, and advised me that i will most likely receive a similar offer next year.My sixth form agreed to let me enter as an external candidate, and do my exams through them.

My questions for anyone who has been in a similar situation is how did you go about re-applying? What did you put onto your UCAS form for current educational status etc. Did you put your current grades on your form or wrote that you are resitting a few modules? How did your school support you on your resits and applications? If ive missed anything and you have any more information then could you please let me know what YOU did in your situation?
Many thanks to anyone who can help me in my current situation, and give me some advice about what to do. I appreciate it greatly.

PS if this is in the wrong forum then can one of the mods move it please :smile: thanks
Reply 1
Original post by NinjasInPyjamas
Basically i received an offer from Leeds to study Economics of AAB, with an A in maths. I got my results yesterday and received : ABB in economics, maths and chemistry respectively. I only missed my A grade in maths by a few ums and got put into clearing. Instead of applying to a different university which i didnt really want to go to and spending three years, i thought it would be better to take a gap year, work, travel a bit and re-apply next year at Leeds having redone a few modules in maths. I spoke to Leeds on the phone and they go that they don't discriminate against people who resit a few exams, and advised me that i will most likely receive a similar offer next year.My sixth form agreed to let me enter as an external candidate, and do my exams through them.

My questions for anyone who has been in a similar situation is how did you go about re-applying? What did you put onto your UCAS form for current educational status etc. Did you put your current grades on your form or wrote that you are resitting a few modules? How did your school support you on your resits and applications? If ive missed anything and you have any more information then could you please let me know what YOU did in your situation?
Many thanks to anyone who can help me in my current situation, and give me some advice about what to do. I appreciate it greatly.

PS if this is in the wrong forum then can one of the mods move it please :smile: thanks

You'd apply just as you have this year. You'd need to put in the grades you achieved and then put in the modules you're resitting seperately as pending.
i'm in the same situation but really worried that other unis will discriminate against re-takers.
Original post by Shelly_x
You'd apply just as you have this year. You'd need to put in the grades you achieved and then put in the modules you're resitting seperately as pending.

Would i enter the subject twice into the UCAs website, once with the grade and then again with pending? Thanks a lot for the reply :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by patrickinator
i'm in the same situation but really worried that other unis will discriminate against re-takers.

I know how you feel, i felt so stressed yesterday! Have you tried ringing up the university that you're applying for and double checking with them? It could definitely offer you some peace of mind and let you concentrate more on getting those grades that you need up!

Also are you going to apply again to the same university, or are you thinking of applying to different ones?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by NinjasInPyjamas
Would i enter the subject twice into the UCAs website, once with the grade and then again with pending? Thanks a lot for the reply :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup :smile:
Original post by Shelly_x
Yup :smile:

Thanks for your help! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bump!

Anyone else experienced this situation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest