The Student Room Group

Help please! Lost for ideas

My boyfriend didn't do as well as he'd hoped in his a levels and ended up with a C and a D in his A2 exams. He also has an AS which he got an E in. He's really stuck for ideas and wanted to stay in London where possible. Lots of unis have straight out said no to him, has anyone got any ideas as to where else we could call?

Thanks for any help :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by lifeisred
My boyfriend didn't do as well as he'd hoped in his a levels and ended up with a C and a D in his A2 exams. He also has an AS which he got an E in. He's really stuck for ideas and wanted to stay in London where possible. Lots of unis have straight out said no to him, has anyone got any ideas as to where else we could call?

He can keep calling to see if anywhere will accept him but another option is to retake some exams. This will give him the opportunity to get better grades, have more options and more time to research.
Original post by lifeisred

What course is he looking to do?
Reply 3
Hey there

If he's looking for something creative he can have a look at the University for the Creative Arts Pre-degree courses at: http://www.ucreative.ac.uk/pre-degree If he's not eligible to go straight onto a 1 year Foundtion, he might be able to get onto the Access to Higher Education Diploma

You can email: [email protected] or call: 0800 068 0088 to find out about applying.

Hope this is of interest and good luck.

Dodi

Fashion student @UCA Epsom
Reply 4
Original post by LordVoldemort1
What course is he looking to do?

He's hoping to do something in computing or business if possible, and he's seriously considering foundation years too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending