The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy 2014

Hi all, planning on applying to do occupational therapy this year but stuck on where to apply! I have UEA, Southampton, Cardiff and Oxford Brookes in mind but don't know about my last place.. any ideas?? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Each of these Unis have specific forums on this site where you can find out general stuff about their cities and campuses. If you haven't done so already, its also really important to look closely at the different courses to see if there are things that particularly appeal to you or are less desirable.
I'm at UEA, and generally people seem to love it. Norwich is a very nice city :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Craghyrax
Each of these Unis have specific forums on this site where you can find out general stuff about their cities and campuses. If you haven't done so already, its also really important to look closely at the different courses to see if there are things that particularly appeal to you or are less desirable.
I'm at UEA, and generally people seem to love it. Norwich is a very nice city :smile:

okay I will check out those forums, thanks :smile: also ive been to see UEA and love it!
Reply 3
Hi im applying for OT this year too, my choices are Liverpool, Cardiff, UEA, Southampton and Oxford Brooke's :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Sophie1994
Hi im applying for OT this year too, my choices are Liverpool, Cardiff, UEA, Southampton and Oxford Brooke's :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

really? they're the exact ones I was thinking of applying to! have you been to see all of them?
Reply 5
Original post by ruthghaly
Hi all, planning on applying to do occupational therapy this year but stuck on where to apply! I have UEA, Southampton, Cardiff and Oxford Brookes in mind but don't know about my last place.. any ideas?? :smile:

I applied for Cardiff, Oxford Brookes, Southampton, UWE and Plymouth. I start in Cardiff in 3 weeks! I would go to as many open days a possible and have a look at the unis online to see where you prefer.
I liked UWE at the open day but then got a really bad vibe at the interview. I loved Cardiff and Brookes and had it as my insurance- the only thing that put me off was the idea that if you were funded by London then all your placements would be in London.

I hope that helps and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
really? they're the exact ones I was thinking of applying to! have you been to see all of them?

Nope I've only been to see Liverpool, the others are a bit too far for me and traveling is an issue :frown: I don't really understand the importance of open days.

Have you?
Reply 7
Nope I've only been to see Liverpool, the others are a bit too far for me and traveling is an issue :frown: I don't really understand the importance of open days.

Have you?

I've been to see UEA and Southampton, will probably go to come campus tours as I have work on Saturdays which is when most open days are. Is Liverpool nice?
Reply 8
I've been to see UEA and Southampton, will probably go to come campus tours as I have work on Saturdays which is when most open days are. Is Liverpool nice?

How was UEA and Southampton? What did you think of the uni? :P I don't think I'm gona get a chance to go to them open days so would appreciate it if you could tell me a bit :smile:

Well I live in Liverpool so the location is easier for me but Liverpool is a very nice city and the university has a nice atmosphere too :smile:
Reply 9
Hi guys I am an international student and I am thinking of applying for OT too!!
I have been thinking of Southampton but I am not sure what other universities should I put in wt do u think?
Reply 10
How was UEA and Southampton? What did you think of the uni? :P I don't think I'm gona get a chance to go to them open days so would appreciate it if you could tell me a bit :smile:

Well I live in Liverpool so the location is easier for me but Liverpool is a very nice city and the university has a nice atmosphere too :smile:

I loved UEA, really nice university, the guy who is in charge of the health courses is really enthusiastic and keen for the subject. Doing OT at UEA, in your 3rd year on your 8 week work experience placement you have the opportunity to go abroad for it which is really cool and excited me a lot because I was wanting to do something abroad in my course UEA also has a 100% satisfaction rate on unistats :smile: Southampton Uni is really nice as well, the campus is lush, you don't get to do anything abroad with them but a plus is that you don't need to do a dissertation for OT. Both cities are really nice places as well which is a plus - hope this helped a bit!
Reply 11
Original post by dingto
Hi guys I am an international student and I am thinking of applying for OT too!!
I have been thinking of Southampton but I am not sure what other universities should I put in wt do u think?

Hi! there are about 33 uni's that do OT, i'm thinking Southampton, Liverpool, UEA, Oxford Brookes and Cardiff. I've only been to see Southampton and UEA so far - if you look at my post above I written a bit about them :smile:
Reply 12
Hi! there are about 33 uni's that do OT, i'm thinking Southampton, Liverpool, UEA, Oxford Brookes and Cardiff. I've only been to see Southampton and UEA so far - if you look at my post above I written a bit about them :smile:

thanks for replying and actually we have very very similar choices here
I am thinking of Southampton, Cardiff and Liverpool right now or may be UEA but it's quite far from London so..
I do not study in England so I don't think i will be able to go to any of the open days.. my friend said Cardiff is a good place for studying medical science related courses as they have a very nice building for those subjects
I have never been to any of the places though...
Reply 13
Original post by dingto
thanks for replying and actually we have very very similar choices here
I am thinking of Southampton, Cardiff and Liverpool right now or may be UEA but it's quite far from London so..
I do not study in England so I don't think i will be able to go to any of the open days.. my friend said Cardiff is a good place for studying medical science related courses as they have a very nice building for those subjects
I have never been to any of the places though...

yeah I've heard that Cardiff is a good place for health sciences as they have their own buildings and accommodation especially for the courses because they are longer than regular courses such as English etc. I'm hopefully going to visit Cardiff at some point so I'll post up here about it when I go! :smile:
Reply 14
I am applying for OT this year. Will be applying for Derby, Northampton, Brunel and Canterbury. Need to sort some placements and my statement out!
Reply 15
Hi :smile:

I have just applied to UEA, Brunel, Northampton, Canterbury Christ Church and Bournemouth! So just got to wait and see now!! What uni is everyone hoping to get an interview/ place at?

Abbie
Reply 16
I'm applying to UEA, Cardiff, Southampton, Oxford Brookes and Liverpool :smile:
Reply 17
Has anyone sent off their ucas application & got any offers yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Hi all

I've applied forth OT course at canterbury Christ church at the end of september. Has anyone heard anything yet.
Thanks lizzo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Hey all. I'm applying to Coventry, Northampton, Sheffield Hallam, Derby and Cumbria. Sending my application off tomorrow, can't wait! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest