The Student Room Group

Clearing without applying.. help!

Hey, I applied to do Criminology yesterday, going through clearing. I hadn't applied to go to uni, intending to apply during my year out. However, I changed my mind and decided to apply very late in the day. Anyway, I got accepted and have sent off my RPA form and my exam certificates etc. Haven't really got a clue where I go from here. I don't have a ucas account so can't track my offer either. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by liam_hobson
Hey, I applied to do Criminology yesterday, going through clearing. I hadn't applied to go to uni, intending to apply during my year out. However, I changed my mind and decided to apply very late in the day. Anyway, I got accepted and have sent off my RPA form and my exam certificates etc. Haven't really got a clue where I go from here. I don't have a ucas account so can't track my offer either. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It sounds like you're doing the right thing, especially with the RPA. The university will communicate with you about what they want. Track's function is over once you've been accepted by the university, so if they are accepting you without using Ucas, well that's fine and you've saved yourself some money! Congratulations!
Reply 2
I've just got to wait for them to confirm they've got everything through the email and then the offer's officially accepted, but thanks a lot :smile: Was also curious as to what I'm to do about accomodation and my student loan, because obviously I haven't applied for either.
I've just got to wait for them to confirm they've got everything through the email and then the offer's officially accepted, but thanks a lot :smile: Was also curious as to what I'm to do about accomodation and my student loan, because obviously I haven't applied for either.

Start right now! Your loan may very well not arrive in time for the start of term - the deadline was May - but it will get through eventually, so make plans for getting your hands on some money for the meantime. Call up the university's accommodation office and ask them what the current situation is. If the halls are full (and they may well be by now) they should be able to give you details of private lettings.
Reply 4
Thanks, I'll look into it all now :smile: was just wondering though about details to do with private lettings. As to whether or not it's quite the same as staying in halls or not...
Thanks, I'll look into it all now :smile: was just wondering though about details to do with private lettings. As to whether or not it's quite the same as staying in halls or not...
It's not the same, but that doesn't mean it's bad. If the halls are full, you'll have no choice, but don't go with the idea that you'll have a bad time, because that's not the case.
Reply 6
I'm just not wanting to be stuck somewhere on my own, which is the impression i'm getting... so i'll just be sharing a private letting with a group, rather than being in halls? Sorry about the questions, it's just i haven't really prepared for all this!
I'm just not wanting to be stuck somewhere on my own, which is the impression i'm getting... so i'll just be sharing a private letting with a group, rather than being in halls? Sorry about the questions, it's just i haven't really prepared for all this!
Unless you specifically ask for a solo place, it'll be a shared house. It usually works out fine. If by any chance it doesn't there's often the option to move into halls later when someone drops out, but there are contractual issues to watch out for there. Many people are in this situation and most find it a blast. And in any case, you don't even know if it applies to you yet!
Reply 8
that's great. hopefully i'll get into halls. thanks a lot :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending