The Student Room Group

So how exactly do you study for fast track A levels?

Since you can no longer take AS exams in January, how would you go about taking more than 10 A level exams around May and June.
Reply 1
Bump.
Reply 2
That sounds like a lot! I'm not an expert but does this include retakes?
Reply 3
Original post by mddub39
That sounds like a lot! I'm not an expert but does this include retakes?

Yes, its basically both AS and A2.
Original post by trrr
Since you can no longer take AS exams in January, how would you go about taking more than 10 A level exams around May and June.

It's always going to be hard to manage 2 years worth of information in 1 year and get it sanely onto a page in an exam room.

I think advice on structuring your studies (how many weeks/months should you spend on each module to get it done in time) is really important here. You need to build-in time for review & exam practice, and some realistic breaks.

Also you will find that the provisional timetables for June 2014 exams are already published on some exam board websites and so you could see how May and June will look on a calendar with all your exam dates filled in.

Are you going to be teaching yourself over the next year?

Best of luck!

Naveed.
Reply 5
Original post by Greene's
It's always going to be hard to manage 2 years worth of information in 1 year and get it sanely onto a page in an exam room.

I think advice on structuring your studies (how many weeks/months should you spend on each module to get it done in time) is really important here. You need to build-in time for review & exam practice, and some realistic breaks.

Also you will find that the provisional timetables for June 2014 exams are already published on some exam board websites and so you could see how May and June will look on a calendar with all your exam dates filled in.

Are you going to be teaching yourself over the next year?

Best of luck!

Naveed.

Yes ill be teaching myself. Im wondering if I should go through the AS couses first then go on to A2 or whether I should revise for both at the same time.
Original post by trrr
Yes ill be teaching myself. Im wondering if I should go through the AS couses first then go on to A2 or whether I should revise for both at the same time.

In some subjects (I teach Chemistry) it wouldn't make sense to start both the AS and A2 modules at the same time. There are core concepts in AS Chemistry which you need to be able to use and manipulate in the A2 modules. This wouldn't be the case in other subjects so you would need to get advice on that.

If these are re-takes and you've been through the material once already, it would still be worth reviewing all of the course in a linear fashion before you start any revision and exam preparation.

Naveed.

Quick Reply

Latest