The Student Room Group

Lowering offers

My A level grades are CCD. Next week if other courses in universities are not full would they be willing to accept me? :redface:
Reply 1
bump?
Original post by Thisisthened
bump?

I'm afraid no one can answer this for you. It may be so, but it may equally be that there is nothing left. Universities have a quota on how many students below ABB they can take, and once it's full, it's full. Keep trying this week. Consider a foundation course.
My A level grades are CCD. Next week if other courses in universities are not full would they be willing to accept me? :redface:

Hi there,
Do you mind me asking what course you were hoping to study? 220 points may be enough to get onto a course - although you would need to call our hotline to talk it through. 0844 842 9599

I would suggest you call around universities sooner than later as courses are being filled all the time!

Kind regards
Kerrie
Reply 4

Depends on what you want to study and where. Some universities may accept you with those grades, but you'll probably have a better chance getting in sooner rather than later. There will be fewer places available next week.
Original post by F_shakeey
Thanks for the info and advice guys I phoned up the unis about my respective courses and they said that they can't lower their offers anymore than they already have.

Guess it's a gap year with resits for me :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that, but have you looked at chemistry or pharmacology foundation courses?
Reply 6
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Sorry to hear that, but have you looked at chemistry or pharmacology foundation courses?

They're very few and limited places. I think its best if I resit not only for uni but for future employers :yep:
They're very few and limited places. I think its best if I resit not only for uni but for future employers :yep:

That's a perfectly sensible decision if it works for you.
Reply 8
That's a perfectly sensible decision if it works for you.

I've got one year to try again, I'm confident I can do better and if I don't I have to admit university isnt for me.
I've got one year to try again, I'm confident I can do better and if I don't I have to admit university isnt for me.

That's the spirit. Good luck.
Reply 10
That's the spirit. Good luck.

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending