English Language: B - Dropping this
English Literature: C
Government & Politics: C
History: C

However, when I break it down it varies quite largely per exam:

Gov & Pol: B in 1st exam, D in 2nd exam
History: A in 1st exam, D in 2nd exam
Eng Lit: D in 1st exam, A in coursework

I was predicted straight B's for all my subjects and my target were A grades. The only exam I felt I did bad enough to warrant a D in was my English Literature exam; my teachers are going to recall my papers to see what went wrong.

I'm just wondering what to do right now in terms of A2. I know I'm dropping Language still but what's the best achievable grades I can attain in A2 - so if anyone can help me work that out I'd be grateful.

Sorry if I wrote this really confusingly or it's a bit everywhere. I am too!
Reply 1
Well mathematically, getting an A* is impossible from a C unless you get the highest C possible and then 100% in year 13, but it's achievable from a B or A.

Getting a B from a C should be fine, especially because people tend to improve a lot in year 13 from year 12, and you have the potential for an A if you really try.

Because your results are quite sporadic, I think resits would suit you really well, as if you just go up to Cs from the Ds you'll most likely get high Cs or Bs overall. Do bear in mind that next summer you'll have a load of exams ayway because there won't be any January modules, so don't overcommit yourself with too many resits.
Reply 2
Thank you (+REP), you summed up everything rather nicely there that I needed to know!

My main interest is in politics so depending on how well I start my YR13 and on how the paper comes back, I may resit just that one exam (I got a D in).
Reply 3
Im quite sad about my result too, i got AABD, D being physics and im dropping that, phew.
The B was in chemistry, and i really hoped to get an A, but i was 10 UMS away :frown:
Got an A in maths and Business&Economics.
Would the teachers predict me somewhere along the lines A*AA? i only lost like 10 UMS for maths so im aiming for A* next year.
Thank you! :smile:
and should i resit to get my D to a C in physics?
Reply 4
Original post by hieuluu
Im quite sad about my result too, i got AABD, D being physics and im dropping that, phew.
The B was in chemistry, and i really hoped to get an A, but i was 10 UMS away :frown:
Got an A in maths and Business&Economics.
Would the teachers predict me somewhere along the lines A*AA? i only lost like 10 UMS for maths so im aiming for A* next year.
Thank you! :smile:
and should i resit to get my D to a C in physics?

If you're dropping physics I doubt it'll be necessary to do the resit as your focus should be maintained on the 3 main grades they'll initially look at.

What do you want to do at uni?

As for predictions... depends on teachers but you could always ask?

Quick Reply

Latest