The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PKnloiM-0Ns&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DPKnloiM-0Ns

Lol, my brother showed my parents this video yeeeears ago and they always bring it up when were going for results..

"We're Asians, not Bsians, not Csians...Asians"

Posted from TSR Mobile
I cant believe its only 6 days till GCSE results day, where did all the time go.:frown:
Original post by The Room Student
Hahaha oh man, you can tell I'm a YouTuber... Just done a quick edit; hopefully everyone else is either really excited or will have mercy! :wink:~

Ahh I know that feeling, think I'm just keen to know.

I mean having tried so hard to achieve these high target grades I was set, I just don't want to disappoint anyone...

Haha :wink: Even if you do get some down votes, it'll take a fair while before you actually notice anything significant in terms of your reputation change so I wouldn't worry too much. It's just in case some people are being a bit mean-spirited (or are all really nervous!), you know :smile:

Yeah, same. I'll kick myself if I haven't got at least my teachers' predicted grades.
Reply 3923
Original post by tohaaaa
Why are Asian people GENERALLY smarter than the rest of us :frown::frown::frown::frown:

Actually I read somewhere that people with blue eyes are generally more intelligent than people with brown eyes, most Asians have brown eyes:tongue: But yh I'm guessing it's
to do with the Asian work ethic which is enforced by their parents resulting in excellent grades or severe punishment:tongue: Well thts my theory anyway:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Darnell LD97
I cant believe its only 6 days till GCSE results day, where did all the time go.:frown:

I'm glad the time has gone because I just want to get it over and done with... I wish there I had some sort of hibernation setting so I could just wake up at 9AM on Thursday, go to school and get my results. Sadly, that doesn't exist.
Original post by sr234
Actually I read somewhere that people with blue eyes are generally more intelligent than people with brown eyes, most Asians have brown eyes:tongue: But yh I'm guessing it's
to do with the Asian work ethic which is enforced by their parents resulting in excellent grades or severe punishment:tongue: Well thts my theory anyway:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have blue eyes!! :biggrin:
Original post by Ferrari Lexus
I wanna do medicine too! and i think those are FAB choices! you could even try and get a private GP (like make ur own). they also EARN A BOMB. lol.i hope to get A*s, though i doubt ill get it :frown: and i think about 70% a* to get in? depends on the uni i suppose. where do you want to go?

Aww thanks!!!! Im glad I chose them subjects, I don’t regret it at all…what subjects are u gonna do??
And yeah!!! That’s exactly what I wanna do some day!! Having my own GP surgery would be amazing!!!
Don’t worry, hopefully you will get loads of A*’s…tell me what u get okay!!
Oh really? I didn’t know that they use a percentage of A*’s….because I did 12 GCSE’s that would mean that I would need around 8!!! That’s loads!!
:frown:
And im not sure which university, I honestly don’t mind, as long as I get to study medicine..i really wanted to go to birmingham but now im thinking that its just toooo competitive (A*AA!!!) I don’t know if ill have a chance….
what uni do u wanna go??
Original post by sr234
Same! Lol did you watch the video where the Asian kid pretends he got a U, that video was hilarious:ahee: His poor mum was in tears:no:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't :eek: I'm disappointed in myself, I thought I'd seen them all! I'll have to search for it now :tongue:
Guys isn't not 6 days it's 5 days 19 hours and 7 minutes until mine^.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3929
I am so scared omg
Reply 3930
My whole brain is crying
I'm gonna get my English Language grade for the exam that I did in January on Wednesday because i know my mark (63) but don't know what its worth until the grade boundaries come out!!! but then again..i dont know what my CA's add up to......
oh well at least I'll get one result early!!
Original post by tohaaaa
Why are Asian people GENERALLY smarter than the rest of us :frown::frown::frown::frown:

Not really! Pakistanis and Bangladeshis do not do that well but Indians and Chinese are one of the cleverest!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sweet_gyal97
I'm gonna get my English Language grade for the exam that I did in January on Wednesday because i know my mark (63) but don't know what its worth until the grade boundaries come out!!! but then again..i dont know what my CA's add up to......

How do you know your mark already?
Original post by sweet_gyal97

Yea same, I got 57 marks which my teacher said was a grade A! But it all depends on controlled assessments now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arunthathy
Not really! Pakistanis and Bangladeshis do not do that well but Indians and Chinese are one of the cleverest!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, Indians are good at IT/Medicine if I'm not mistaken?
Original post by tohaaaa
Yeah, Indians are good at IT/Medicine if I'm not mistaken?

Yea I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arunthathy

But, is it the Asian education system who is superior to ours? Or are the children better disciplined by there parents?
Original post by tohaaaa
But, is it the Asian education system who is superior to ours? Or are the children better disciplined by there parents?

The Asian education system is actually pretty bad in some cases.. In the uk we learn the theory and logic behind what we do whereas in Asia you're just supposed to memorise what you're told to, you're given a book and you learn it yourself... It's pretty good for things like times tables or medical/scientific terms but not that great for English or other bits of maths.

That's just what I know though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Obviously no offense is intended in this post and it is obviously not the case for all students. I think Asian parents create a fear of failure in their children early on. I'm Asian but my mum doesn't put pressure on me because she knows I can work hard by myself. However, if I was to fail my A-Levels and not go to University she would be very disappointed (but not like those Asian mums who just ignore their children). In white families it is taught that school isn't everything and there are other ways to be successful in this world. White parents want the best for their children but they do not place as much emphasis on academics. Again I would like to stress that I'm not talking about everyone here, just a general trend.

Latest