University of Stirling
Reply 2
Original post by f_bro2028
Hey,

I'm starting Marine Biology in September! :smile:

Haha, yay, i'm not the only one! :tongue:
How did your A Levels go? :smile:
Reply 3
Haha! I'm from Scotland, (originally from England), so I didn't do A levels. Things work really different up here, i'm not quite sure what the equivalent of A levels is though! :s-smilie:
Reply 4
I think the Scottish equivalent is something called 'Highers'?
Reply 5
Original post by turnip storm
I think the Scottish equivalent is something called 'Highers'?

Okay, in that case I did those a year ago and got an A, three Bs and a C, which is what I was offered an unconditional on. I just did something called Advanced Highers for 6th year. Have you just got your A level results?
Reply 6
Okay, in that case I did those a year ago and got an A, three Bs and a C, which is what I was offered an unconditional on. I just did something called Advanced Highers for 6th year. Have you just got your A level results?

Wow, amazing grades! :smile:
Yeah, i got my results yesterday - Two A's and a C :smile:
Reply 7
Thats really good! Obviously you got the grades you needed then! :tongue:

I would find that nerve wracking, here you already have your grades when you apply for uni so you can get an unconditional, instead of conditionals!
Reply 8
Thats really good! Obviously you got the grades you needed then! :tongue:

I would find that nerve wracking, here you already have your grades when you apply for uni so you can get an unconditional, instead of conditionals!

That sounds like such a better system than having to rely on getting those grades and stressing about how well you've done and whether you have to go through Clearing :redface:

Are you moving to Stirling or are you commuting? :smile:
Reply 9
Yeh, I think it is a better system!

I'm going to into the university accomodation at Stirling, I live on the Black Isle just above Inverness so I don't have a choice! :P
Reply 10
Yeh, I think it is a better system!

I'm going to into the university accomodation at Stirling, I live on the Black Isle just above Inverness so I don't have a choice! :P

Haha, fair enough :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest