The Student Room Group

What will I be predicted?

My school predicted me this year BDCD.I attained a D1 for Pre-u which is 140 ucas points I believe. For my other subjects( English, History, Politics and Economics) I got AABC. For politics I was 3 and 2 marks off an A respectively so I might therefore be considering a remark or possibly a resit for one of the units.With regards to Economics I was 9 ums off a B so I'm resitting one of the units to try and get my garde up to a B at the minimum. I'm dropping Economics in order to focus on the other 3. I readily admit I didn't perform that well but all the universities I'm interested in applying for requite at least AAA which I don't think I can attain without the use of remarks and resits. What grades will my school most likely predict me this year?
Reply 1
Is it possible to be predicted AAA with my results ?
Its looking like BEU mate

Edit: I mean UUU
(edited 10 years ago)
You want us to predict your predictions? :s-smilie:

You'll have to ask your school, different places have different policies.
You'd most likely be predicted AAA, the politics mark was so close to an A. Recall your paper before a remark, yes, it could boost you up to an A, but you could also drop marks too, so it might be better to play it safe. Those 3/4 marks would be very easy to make up at A2, and even if you didn't manage to, universities will sometimes still let you in if you've just missed the requirements.

I'm pretty certain about AAA, if you were predicted BDCD at the start of the year and got AABC, you've definitely proven that you're a capable student.

As said above though, different schools/colleges will assess you differently.
Reply 5
Original post by abellino
Is it possible to be predicted AAA with my results ?

my school would predict anything up to 1 grade above your results depending on the person so sure but it might be different at your school/college
Reply 6
Original post by Stevo F
my school would predict anything up to 1 grade above your results depending on the person so sure but it might be different at your school/college

I think that's also general policy at my school as well.
Reply 7
Original post by megantrace
You'd most likely be predicted AAA, the politics mark was so close to an A. Recall your paper before a remark, yes, it could boost you up to an A, but you could also drop marks too, so it might be better to play it safe. Those 3/4 marks would be very easy to make up at A2, and even if you didn't manage to, universities will sometimes still let you in if you've just missed the requirements.

I'm pretty certain about AAA, if you were predicted BDCD at the start of the year and got AABC, you've definitely proven that you're a capable student.

Ive ordered a photocopy but I'll only ask for a remark if appropriate so you're probably right

Quick Reply

Latest