The Student Room Group

Anyone looking for private rented accommodation? Southampton

Hi :biggrin: I just got into Southampton to study Law through clearing and was informed that there were no places left in halls so I'd need to look at private rented accommodation. I've never even been to Southampton and have no idea where to start looking and was wondering if anyone else is in a similar position?:smile:
Reply 1
Hi :smile: yes I'm in the same situation - southampton was my insurance choice so I don't think I'll get a room in halls. There's an open day on august the 29th which you can register for on the university website to help people find house shares. Also, look on the Freshers Facebook group as there are lots of people there trying to find potential housemates!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
private message for you :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Tinychao
Hi :biggrin: I just got into Southampton to study Law through clearing and was informed that there were no places left in halls so I'd need to look at private rented accommodation. I've never even been to Southampton and have no idea where to start looking and was wondering if anyone else is in a similar position?:smile:

Hey - I'm in the same position, I applied through Adjustment for Law too.
Where can we find further information on private accomodation?
I'm clearing in for History once I get Glasgow to release me from my insurance place.
For the open day you have to register here [ http://www.southampton.ac.uk/accommodation/privaterented/looking/prdayregister.html ] (One of the ladies at the accom desk today pointed out they you don't actually have to fill in the student number box so we can apply before we get our student numbers)

This is where all the other info seems to be, though we can't browse on Saash until Soton give us the password :/

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/accommodation/privaterented/looking.shtml

http://www.sassh.co.uk/Board-Townpassword.asp

The roads between the main campus and the humanities bit seem to be full of houses purely for student rent, so I'd guess that's where the main private rented community is.

-Ronan
Reply 5
I'm in the same position, I've applied through adjustment and i really wanted to go to halls as it's better for the social aspects but private is cheaper apparently so there's pros and cons!
Reply 6
Is anyone looking for roommates?
Found a nice 7 bed house in the Highfield area, let me know if you are interested !
Just to let you all know if you're interested in living with 2nd/3rd years I walked through the SU today and there were flyers for rooms in about 4/5 houses.

Don't commit to the first place you're offered in a panic - there are plenty of places to stay in southampton :yes: I know that in previous years the open days to find housemates have been VERY successful

And if you don't have the password for sashh ( http://www.sassh.co.uk/Board-Townpassword.asp ) then ring the number on that page ASAP to get it!

Finally there are 2 MASSIVE new halls being built by the uni at the moment (one by central station and one about 15 minute walk from highfield) which should both be ready for 2014 so if you *do* want to live in halls for one year of your degree then chances are there will be a lot more available next year.
Reply 8
Yeah I got into Chemistry through clearing and am now going through the painful task of house hunting. If anyone has advice or is looking for room mates I am totally open to private messages.

Oh... and good luck.
Reply 9
hi I'm in the same situation. i am hopeful for accommodation but from reading everyone's experience its clear all clearing students are going to have to look for private accommodation.
I'm sure the uni will help us but still i'd like to prepare and find room-mates, preferably female.
Reply 10
There's the Private Rented Open Days on 29 Aug and 3 Sept that's meant to help you guys sort yourselves out, check out the details and then register here: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/accommodation/privaterented/looking/prdayindex.shtml
Reply 11
Reply 12
Original post by corrblimeyy
Is anyone looking for roommates?
Found a nice 7 bed house in the Highfield area, let me know if you are interested !

Hey is this offer still available? Im going to be an undergraduate Adult Nurse but i need private accomodation!
Original post by Livvy2000
Hey is this offer still available? Im going to be an undergraduate Adult Nurse but i need private accomodation!

Hi !
Yes the house is still available
Room available in Portswood/ Highfield
Room available in a 6 bedroom house in Shaftesbury Avenue. About a 2 minute walk to Sainsbury’s and Portswood high street and 10 minute walk to Highfield campus with bus stops right outside the front door. The house has 2 bathrooms, living room, kitchen and a large garden. Parking available for up to 3 cars. We’re 5 female second year students who are all friendly, tidy and sociable but also work hard
£355.33 monthly rent and £49.12 monthly for bills, tv license and fibre optic internet.
Please contact [email protected] if interested
Original post by Tinychao

Room available in Portswood/ Highfield
Room available in a 6 bedroom house in Shaftesbury Avenue. About a 2 minute walk to Sainsbury’s and Portswood high street and 10 minute walk to Highfield campus with bus stops right outside the front door. The house has 2 bathrooms, living room, kitchen and a large garden. Parking available for up to 3 cars. We’re 5 female second year students who are all friendly, tidy and sociable but also work hard
£355.33 monthly rent and £49.12 monthly for bills, tv license and fibre optic internet.
Please contact [email protected] if interested

Quick Reply

Latest