The Student Room Group

Help needed!!

hey,

so i have been fortunate to get the grades needed to get my 1st choice at Cardiff (AAB yay!), but my girlfriend desperatly wants to come here too. she didn't have it down as a choice originally and so needs to go through clearing.
however, she is still waiting on her insurance choice to cancel before she can go through to cardiff clearing. Does anyone know how long clearing spaces can stay open for? she doesn't mind what course she studies and she has 3 Bs

thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by cymrugareth
hey,

so i have been fortunate to get the grades needed to get my 1st choice at Cardiff (AAB yay!), but my girlfriend desperatly wants to come here too. she didn't have it down as a choice originally and so needs to go through clearing.
however, she is still waiting on her insurance choice to cancel before she can go through to cardiff clearing. Does anyone know how long clearing spaces can stay open for? she doesn't mind what course she studies and she has 3 Bs

My friend just got accepted for BBB for english despite missing her offer at cardiff, so it looks like they're trying to fill places, ive seen elsewhere that there are many clearing places there. I think clearing is for a couple of weeks?
Reply 2
hey,

There's obviously no way to answer how long they remain available. They go when they go. Kind of like discounted bottles of Baileys in Sainsburys :wink:

If she has found a course that she wants she should regularly contact her insurance and keep asking them until they release her. But she should also see if she can have an informal discussion about the course that interests her at Cardiff, and let them know that she's waiting on her insurance to release her.
hey,

Clearing stays open until all the places have gone, so no one can be more specific than that. Congratulations on your place. I have to say, though, that taking any course at all just to be with you is a very risky strategy for your girlfriend.
Reply 4
Wow. You're supporting your girlfriend to change University choices purely because of you getting into Cardiff. I take it she'd accept any course available in clearing, which is ridiculous. Either she's not really bothered about going to university and going for the sake of it; or she's basically packing up her education purely to go with you. Doing a course she doesn't enjoy.
It's important that your girlfriend is doing something that she enjoys where she wants to do it so make sure you both discuss and think carefully. Long distance relationships can work. I've had a lot of friends who were together before University and are still together at the end despite the difference. I hope you both get the courses you want!
Reply 6
Original post by Craghyrax
There's obviously no way to answer how long they remain available. They go when they go. Kind of like discounted bottles of Baileys in Sainsburys :wink:

If she has found a course that she wants she should regularly contact her insurance and keep asking them until they release her. But she should also see if she can have an informal discussion about the course that interests her at Cardiff, and let them know that she's waiting on her insurance to release her.

thanks very much

we'll keep trying to phone the insurance uni to hurry up the cancellation.
she wants to study French if possible as this is what she originally applied for. the website says that there are still spaces available for languages in clearing so we are hoping there will still be a place by the time we can call up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending